“DO NOT EAT HERE!!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Lewiston, Maine
“DO NOT EAT HERE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We ordered delivery from Chopsticks and they totally messed up the order. I had to call back to tell them they did not send the right items we asked for in the PuPu platter. We ordered the Jordan chicken and paid extra for all white, but it was dark meat. We paid extra for sweet/sour sauce which was filled with pineapple and hardly any sauce. The food was totally greasy and the fried food was very wilted like it had been sitting there for hours. Chopsticks came back 1.5 hours later after I called and was told they were too busy with newer orders and it would be on it's way soon.

When the driver arrived, she stated that they had messed up my order and she received it 30 minutes ago but was told to go to the newer customer's homes first. My 2nd order was not fixed and they only brought the chicken, and did not bring extra beef teriaki nor sweet sour sauce. We had the original bag to give to the driver who said they did not need it as I told the driver to take both the newer bag and the older one for a full refund.

I did not get a refund and found this out on Monday. I went back to Chopsticks and was told I would NOT get a refund, that it costs $8 for gas, and that the $35 I spent (not including the tip) did not break even for me. I was told "YOU ARE A LIAR" and you ate the food and I explained that I tried to give the first bag (which was on the porch for the 1.5 hours I waited for the corrected order) back to the driver. The woman would not let me speak to the manager and then a cook came from the back, got into my face and said you are the liar...I made your chicken Friday night and it was white meat (this is not true, as my sister and husband also cut theirs and it was dark meat).

They both started screaming at me and i explained it was ridiculous to mess up my order in multiple ways, then expect that we would not have a full corrected meal as I thought they'd replace the entire order; the PuPu platter for 2 and Jordan Chicken dinner. Needless to say, they they said they were calling the police as I tried to steal from them and did not return the first bag. By this time I was shocked at their behavior and they yelling and screaming in front of other customers, that I left. I hope that you will never eat there as it was a horrible experience and I have told a bunch of people who have had their own horror stories at Chopsticks.

So at the end of the day, I paid $35 (way overpriced) for a meal I never ate and they NEVER made good on the fact they screwed up my order not once but twice and made me wait 1.5 hours for the 2nd part of the order. I recommend you do not eat here as it was a terrible experience. If you want really good Chinese, go to Wei Lei, which I should have done the first time!

• Visited April 2014

Lewiston
“Take Out from a Lewiston High Rated Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Chopsticks has always rated high as an Asian restaurant in LA. Thus I offer this review to help them retain that rating. When you walk into the restaurant you see stacked chairs, piles of boxes, and circular newspapers...not an attractive entry! Call in for take out...much too quick and they do not take time to review order or give you price. I ordered special combo #16 UShang 3 Delight. It would have been helpful on menu online to have description of what I was ordering. Yes, food is tasty, price is reasonable. But to make this a premiere restaurant in LA you have to pay attention to details.

Visited November 2013
Turner, Maine
“Best chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good food, a lot of food for the price, and not too salty. building looks pretty sketchy but the food is definitely worth it.

Visited August 2013
Poland
“Not Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband & I found this a pretty poor example of Chinese food. We went once & have not returned. The servers seemed quite friendly & competent. I also made the mistake of ordering a cocktail - not a good idea. However this is not the first time I have had bar problems in Chinese restaurant.

Visited June 2012
Portland, Maine
“Co-Workers Friday Treat: Take Out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Chop Sticks is one of the better value and better "Chinese food " options in Lewiston and Auburn. Friendly staff, great authentic Chinese'American style choices, and very reasonable prices. They will deliver-no minimum order - for $4, but its a short ride over for us.

• Visited April 2013