“Back in time”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Clayton, NC
“Back in time”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wow, I bet it has been 20 years since I've been to Luiggi's (I'm one of those Mainers living in Exile in NC). It hasn't changed much in that time. When I was younger and lived in Maine, Luiggi's was the go to stop for Fergys to take fishing. My father and I went for lunch yesterday a enjoyed it.

The Fergy hasn't changed much. A basic ham sandwich with tomato cheese, and lettuce on killer italian bread from the Italian Bakery in Lewiston. Nothing fancy, just plain good food.

My dad had the spaghetti and meatballs and raved about the sauce. I have to say, the sauce was pretty good for dipping the italian bread in!

The staff was young but, friendly and efficient. I'd happy we went back!

• Visited July 2013

Auburn
“ucckk”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

horrible seating, very dirty place. Order takers could care less. Asked for marinara sauce, repeated that needed meatless sauce for my granddaughters spaghetti. one of them took a forkfull and asked what was in it? meat. Regret that I was ever there.

Visited June 2012
Hallowell, Maine
“January 1978”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was a student and Bates and went to Luigi's after drinking cheap beer next door at the Goose. Experienced the Fergie for the first time. I have been eating them ever since about every few years (I live in a nearby town). Pizza and pasta is family style, no fancy chefs or spices, but fresh and filling. But the Fergie, oh my. All I will tell you is that it is a simple sandwich that somehow transcends its contents. Very nice staff, clean and neat facility.

• Visited September 2012
Gray, Maine
“Great food and a great value!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had my very first Fergy, the italian sandwich Luiggi's is famous for. So yummy! The ingredients are your traditional italian, but instead of being on a big old sub roll it's made on two slices of FRESH italian bread. My regular sandwich was just plenty for lunch (and I'm a pretty hardy eater!), and you can't beat the less than $3.00 price. If you are REALLLY hungry though, you can order a double which is more like an italian style club sandwich (slice of bread, fillings, slice of bread, more fillings and another slice of bread -- you end up getting more sandwich than bread!!) is under $6.00. I'm hooked on the Fergy!! (P.S. space is at a premimum for sit down lunches, there are a couple of tables with chairs and a few booths but the booths are very tight seating)

• Visited November 2012
Lewiston, Maine
“taste like someone stole my money”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I moved up here to Maine more than 5 years ago and it is the first place I ate in Lewiston...save your money, unless your idea of a Pizza is a 2 dollar frozen supermarket cheapo pizza with toppings thrown on it and cardbaord taste...keep your money in your wallet...go to Lewiston House of Pizza instead!!!

1 Thank heather c