“Such nice people!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fran's Place

Fran's Place
Ranked #31 of 103 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Such nice people!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family stopped here for breakfast on the way to Bar Harbor. It is small with a neighborhood feel, and right away we had a server who was friendly and warm. We got waters to the table quickly, and crayons and paper for my son. About 2 minutes into the experience, my 2 year old son decided to nose dive off of his booster seat. He smashed his head on the very hard floor. My husband immediately took him outside to check him out and calm him down. During that time, the waitress (who I wish I had her name, she was awesome. Dark hair, older, what a love!) asked if she could watch our baby so I could go out and help. She brought my husband ice and a towel out to the car. Totally our of her way to help us. Once he was calmed down, we did get food! The eggs and sausage were great and the helpings huge. Price was right as well. And the whole staff was friendly. We will definately stop in again on another trip to Bar Harbor!

• Visited July 2014

Maine
“Conveniently local”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Day off with friends. Stopped in for a late breakfast around 10:00 am. Good timing and not crowded. Seated at a corner table and our server brought coffee and we needed a few minutes to check out the offerings. Placed our orders and I'm glad I ordered only one blueberry pancake as it covered the entire plate. Hubby opted for his usual eggs over, home fries, bacon and toast while our friends both enjoyed their blueberry Belgian waffle. Entirely satisfied with the cleanliness of the restaurant, restrooms, service and food. Will return!

• Visited September 2013
Gray, Maine
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Food was good, not fantastic. I've only been for breakfast, though they are open for lunch as well. I'm not a crepe fan, but I'm told theirs are very good@

Visited June 2012
Maine
“Down home cooking”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Fran's is a great place to get a great inexpensive meal that tastes like home cooking. If you're hungry try the lumberjack breakfast. Yes - baked beans do match well with breakfast! Their specials are usually the same, but consistently good. Meatloaf, salmon pie, pot roast. Their club sandwiches are very tasty and so are their burgers. Do not forget to have crepes for desert. They fill them with ice cream if you want!

• Visited April 2012