“Awesome Fondue!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main (202)
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Fuel is a jewel of a restaurant in Lewiston, ME. Each dish is amazing and delicious but not overly pretentious. There is an entire corner of the menu devoted to different kinds of mac-n-cheese. The french fry section has two different kinds of dusts, we tried the salt and vinegar dust. (The other one is bacon.) The fries were great, but were not hot when they came to us. We also ordered the cheese fondue, which was amazing. I haven't had fondue this good since I traveled to France.

There was a lot to choose from on the beer and wine lists. We went with the Dogfish 90-minute IPA. Can you believe this was on tap? The bar tender also used the special Dogfish glasses. Any place can used the correct wine glass, but I am very impressed when the beer comes in the glass specially designed by the brewer.

The service from the person who greeted us, to the water person, the waitresses, and the bar tender were all excellent. They were friendly and accessible without being intrusive.

Fuel can be be pricey, so it is a great place to celebrate. But, with careful ordering you can have a wonderful regular night out.

4  Thank beverlyjoy

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The atmosphere is groovy, great bar area, european style decor. Food is imaginative, with twist on standards. Our waitress was professional, service timely, and food was excellent. This restaurant is a great addition to the LA area.

1  Thank cpmdfm
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

The lamb over lentils was out of this world. Great service for our group of 9. The waitress was excellent. A little noisy but I loved the atmosphere.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went on my birthday in July. Heard a lot of rave reviews. I had the Sat nite dinner special, braised shortribs. They were a bit on the bland side, not awful by any stretch but, well, bland. My wife had the salmon and loved it.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Sadly we have mostly had the experience that its usually hit or miss with Fuel . When its good .. its GREAT . when its bad .. its horrible . And Im not sure about anyone else .. but we are not rich people .. and as reasonable as the prices are ..... .. in this economy , we are lucky to be able to treat ourselves to Fuel once or twice a month . That being said , when you go , you want it to be a good experience at the least . Like I said, unfortunatly with myself , and several other friends around town .. its been"" hit or miss"" . There have been times when everything is perfect , and we leave completly happy , and other times that everything that could go wrong .. does. On our last visit , a table of drunkards.. were in the dining room , and even though we had the "" private corner "" room .. we were AMAZED that management was allowing the noise levels ...., and the crass offensibe outbursts from said table , even after 2 different tables complained . I suppose that with a table or 8 .. this is allowed for the $$$ aspect, but on top of that the service was neglegent because of this large table . I dont agree with this .. I feel that all patrons should be comfortable .. and not neglected because of a larger more lucritive party . If you go .. ASK FOR SHANNON.. we are at the point that if shes not there .. we wont even go . Megan was amazing .. but sadly ,has left Fuel. In closing I do have to say the the food is an 8.5 out of a 10 .. service a 4 at best ( unless you get Shannon then its a 10) Eric ( owner ) is an extremely kind generous person .. who I believe means well .. but sadly comes up short when putting together a cohesive dining experience.

4  Thank ken s