“Fried seafood is the best.....the other food......not so much”

Chickadee of Lewiston
Ranked #7 of 110 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've been here about half a dozen times in the past 6 months. My family likes going there because they have big tables and can sit all of us together. Unfortunately, its not my choice for a restaurant. Before starting on what I don't like about it, I'd like to say what I do like about it. Its in a very good location. You can't miss it. Plenty of parking. Unfortunately what I like about it doesn't relate to why you want to go there in the first place, the food.

Depending on what you get, the food may be good to bad. The rolls they bring to the table are NASTY. They are the heat and serve variety and not even the good kind. Its like a white tasteless sponge that they heat up. Their salads are ok, nothing special. The best thing I like there is their fried seafood. The fried clams are the best. French fries are also good. I'm not a fan of their onion rings. I've ordered a lobster roll the last two times I've been there. It was not good. My mother got one also. The lobster smelled and tasted fishy. Fresh lobster is not like this. Very disappointing. I should have said something. I just didn't want to bother as there was a bunch of us. The decor of the place is a bit dated. It reminds me of a diner. They use paper placements with advertisements of local businesses. To me this is tacky at anything but a diner. The service I must say was excellent each time I've been. Its a place I want to love but overall the food is just ok. I'd stick with the fried seafood, as that is the best.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife & I visit the Chick-A-Dee at least once a month because I love fried clams. Their fried clams are the best I've ever had in my entire life. Their lobster dinners are great as well. If you like seafood, you have to try the Chick-A-Dee!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Chickadee has a lot of great specials that we crave for! Prime Rib, Lobster Rolls, Fried Clams - all the good stuff, and they always give a great helping to be able to take some home for later!

3  Thank Kyra E
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The meal was well prepared and the waitresses were friendly. However, a senior couple should order one appetizer and one entree.

3  Thank Poppydale
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Chickadee specializes in seafood and family fare. Portions are large and all waitstaff is knowledgeable and friendly. A lot of choices are fried but there's a heart healthy menue also.

2  Thank TotallyRelaxed