“The perfect stop after shopping”
Review of Captain and Patty's - CLOSED

Captain and Patty's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

After spending most of the day shopping in Kittery, we wanted to have a nice late lunch by the water. We found the perfect place and we just happened upon it! The view is unbelievable. Everyone was very friendly and not put off when we arrived at the off time. We shared a bunch of appetizers along with fish and chips; all the fish was really fresh. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stumbled upon this great restaurant! Sat down with a great view of the harbor and watched the tide roll out. Very nice staff and a nice selection of New England beer. Everyone around us was ordering the fish & chips, my husband followed. I decided on the "lighter side - shrimp and chips". Oh my, oh my! This is the best shrimp I have ever had. It was simply delicious! SO good that we made this our first AND last stop in Maine!!!

1  Thank fitz49525
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Certainly a MUST GO to restaurant. Could not find a single flaw or fault in several repeated trips. Excellent food, service, and views. This is certainly a "10" folks on the rating scale and would highly recommend it! One suggestion is that it would be nice to have an offering of a "shore dinner" (chowder, steamers and lobsters) for a set price. I know at other local restaurants that this menu option is very, very popular. Or also offer a nightly special but feel the business could use more advertising locally to bring in more visitors. Once bitten by the Captain & Patti's.......you will be back, like we do! A GREAT FIND!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The view and setting is great, however the service was not so great. Took ages to get a drink, food took Forever, the waitress never checked on us even when our drinks were empty, and my order was not correct (I ordered baked stuffed haddock and got broiled haddock). I'd love to think it was just a fluke for the restaurant, but it will take a lot to bring me back. Kind of put a damper on our anniversary dinner. :(

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Captain and Patty's is worth the windy drive thru Kittery to find some great Maine fare. The day after labor day wasn't a good time to be looking for Baked stuffed lobster because a lot of places close during the week and open back up Thurs-Sun. We called first and the Chef owner took the call and said that our request was not on the menu but be sure to ask for it and they would take care of it. The restaurant was not busy and we got a window table with a great vew of the pier even though it was raining. The special of the night was twin boiled lobsters, 1 pndrs, for $13.99! Not a mis print! The diner ordering the "baked stuffed" version of the menus offering of a 1.25 lb lobster @ $13.99 +$5.00 seafood stuffing=$18.95! A delicious steal! We started with a great clam chowder that had a great consistency, full of clams and potato and scented with dill and thyme. A broiled haddock and a sea scallop entree were orderd in addition to the lobstah! Entrees included salad, potato(no baked but included sweet potato ff), coleslaw and or fresh string beans. Our server was great and answered our questions with no hesitation. If you think we had enough after this great meal,no!, we ordered blueberry pie ala mode to take home. When in Maine you gotta go for the Blueberry dessert.
I was hoping for more Surf and turf options because I only saw a strip steak and steak tips as beef options w no seafood option. I may have missed it but I am sure that if you call ahead they will accomodate your request.
One cocktail, one beverage, 3 cups of chowder, 3 entrees with included salad and sides and one dessert came to bit over $90 including tax before gratuity for a party of 3.
Gotta find it and enjoy!