“Great bakery for lunch or snacks”

Beach Pea Baking Co
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Kittery
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stopped here for a late lunch after visiting the outlets. While the service is a little slow, the food more than makes up for it. I had a great turkey sandwich on fresh baked bread and the best chocolate chip cookie ever.

I visited this place a year ago also while on vacation and it was just as great as I remembered.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have been here twice for lunch. Ate outside the first time, which was very nice to do on a warm day, and had takeout the second time. Both times we had sandwiches which were good and very tasty. They use good quality ingredients so the sandwiches are a bit pricey but not too expensive. The baked goods looked very good but we did not try any. Inside seating is very limited.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great baguettes made fresh. I loved my sandwich as well (turkey avocado). We went back twice within the next 3 weeks. It is awesome.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is an earth friendly bit of deliciousness in Kittery, Maine. Built in what looks like an old house you can find treasures to please your palate here. Salads, sandwiches, and a multitude of other foods to satisfy your hunger, all of which are excellent. The deserts here are unreal!!!!! Every cake they make is rich and decadent. The desert case truly is mesmerizing...

The service is usually pretty quick and they are all very pleasant. It is a must for lunch either to go for a picnic or to eat in, but space is very limited.

I would be remiss If I didn't mention the artisan breads..... Their breads are great, and all baked fresh daily. Get there early to get a fugass ( did I spell that right?) fresh out if the oven! It's a real treat, and have even seen people argue over them!

Wicked yummy all around!!

1  Thank Greg L
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is my new favorite place. I can't believe I did not find this sooner. Adorable bakery just outside Kittery. Homemade baked goods galore! Cakes, breads, muffins, sandwiches. Absolutely delicious. I had a mixed berry muffin and a chocolate mocha latte which I am still dreaming about. My Mom had coffee cake and it was so moist. So good I brought my husband back the next day for lunch.