“Relaxing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kittery
Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Kittery B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I were able to spend a night here and we loved it! It's in a beautiful area - very tranquil and quiet yet conveniently close to Portsmouth. We had massages in the spa, which had great ambiance. You are greeted with an herbal neck wrap while you wait. The massage was done on the top floor of the spa and with the skylights open it felt like you were in a tree house! Even though I was the last appointment of the day, I didn't feel rushed out. I was given another neck wrap and some cold water after the treatment and I felt very relaxed by the time it was over. The rooms have spa robes in them, as well as wine glasses and a corkscrew. There is a pitcher in your room to fill with nice cold Poland Springs water. Lynn was very helpful in giving suggestions for dinner. And she's a great cook! Breakfast was wonderful. We want to go back!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights. What a great B&B. We got couples massages which were extremely relaxing and amazing. They great you with a warm neck wrap while you wait for your appointment time. They are not quick to rush you out and have coffee, tea or water for you after your massage and another warm neck wrap. The atmosphere of the B&B is so calming and wonderful. Breakfast was delicious each morning, I could have gone for seconds. It's a great place to escape to and has everything you need close by. You can walk (when the bridge is repaired) or take the shuttle right to downtown Portsmouth. Lynn is fantastic and made us feel right at home. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone looking for a little pampering, a night away, etc.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My sister and I spent the night here. We each got facials. Facial was fabulous. We walked to the down town area and had dinner at Anneke Jans. Great food. The inn has an expansive video library and we watched a movie before bed. The Dido room was so warm and home like. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Dido room has two twin beds perfect for friends.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My best friend from high school and I visited and had a great time! The food was creative and good. The cookies and cocoa left out for an afternoon snack was wonderful. Aggie the neighborhood cat kept trying to get in and we understood why! Very cozy and comfortable. We hope to come back. Thanks for great memories.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I had an amazing experience today with a facial that was out of this world, an amazing massage and a fabulous pedicure. While having a facial I had the sunbeams beating in through the open window, while I listened to the water and local birds and felt the sea breeze brush over my face. I don't think you can beat this atmosphere, not to mention the beautiful, old building with amazing character. I can't wait to go back.

Mara S.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I booked a specific massage package for my husband as a holiday gift. I paid for it, with gratuity and got the gift certificate in the mail clearly stating the type of massage he was to get. When he went in for his appointment they gave him a completely different type of massage and told him I had changed it. I had not. Then they charged him an extra $50 for the difference. When I called, understandably upset, the owner took NO responsibility and threw it back on me. She agreed I had booked and paid for SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT HE GOT, but argued that it was somehow my fault?! Irresponsible and bad business. What is really sad is that my husband really enjoyed the experience, but would never go back because of this.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Courtenay D
LynnSpa, Owner at Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

No "bait and switch" took place; a series of miscommunications between the gift certificate purchaser, her husband, and the staff of the spa resulted in the gentleman receiving a 75-minute massage rather than a 55-minute massage. He was very pleased with his massage. We were unaware of any miscommunication until after the husband had left, when the wife telephoned in great distress. After the telephone call, the additional charge for the extended services was voided, and we sent an email to the address we had for the couple with an apology and advising of the voided charges. All of us at Portsmouth Harbor Inn & Spa try very hard to give our Inn & Spa guests the very best services, but we are human, too, and occasionally make mistakes.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

This beautiful old home is a relaxing retreat just minutes from Portsmouth, NH. We booked a 2 nite package that included a bottle of bubbly and his and hers massages at spa....The food was fabulous. Lynn's menus are traditional with a twist...Fried oatmeal....sounds crazy but OMG it's out of this world good. Or how about some baked grapefruit with ginger? My husband does not have an "adventurous" palate but he ate/liked it all! Our room was comfortable and relaxing. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Inn to family and friends. We plan to return...

Room Tip: The pictures on the web site are a good representation so choose that way
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittery
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
Ramada Kittery
Ramada Kittery
#2 of 3 in Kittery
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites

Been to Portsmouth Harbor Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!