“LOVED it!”

Robert's Maine Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Robert's Maine Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Kittery Trading Post
Description: Robert's opened in June 2006 with the same mission that it has today: to take a fresh spin on farm-to-table Maine cuisine. Sourcing local ingredients has always been a strong part of Maine culture, and we are passionate about taking these values to the next level with innovative dishes and modern ambience. So yes, we are renowned for our lobster, baked and fried seafood, steaks, burgers and local craft beer, but we also strive to include New American elements to our menu with seasonal, local ingredients. Over the years, Robert's has grown to become a Maine institution, celebrating the evolving culinary landscape of the state. Most importantly, we strive to serve locals and visitors with food that is fresh, mindful and delicious!
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Roberts is a cute little spot that gives you a good taste of Maine. I had a blueberry soda which was different and very Maine-y, and I loved it. We sat outside on a porch overlooking the bay which was very relaxing. The place is HUGE parking is tough and only 3 bathrooms but worth the trip. A little pricey but we loved our meals.

GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

We try to serve classic Maine dishes with a contemporary feel using locally sourced ingredients, so glad you were able to enjoy them while relaxing on our deck. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We found this gem on the way back home after a little shopping! Had a couple appetizers and drinks, timing was quick considering the crowded lunch. Service was good, I'd recommend to anyone in the area. Will stop in on our next trip to Maine.

Nice to know you were able to take a relaxing break from shopping to enjoy a quick bit before heading home .I am happy to hear we may be part of your regular itinerary when coming to Maine. Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on Tuesday evening for my birthday. We spent the day in Ogunquit and grabbed dinner here on the way back to the Boston area. I did a little research in advance (thanks TripAdvisor) and it seemed there were limited options with great reviews in the area but this place had high marks. We knew going in it was a bit of a tourist trap but considering that, we were pleasantly surprised. My husband had the clam bake for 2 and upgraded to 1.5 lb lobsters. He was a little disappointed with the 7 steamers included, he thought there would be more; lots of mussels and potatoes but not too many clams which was a let down considering it is called a clam bake. I had the lobster Mac and cheese. The chunks of lobster were large and there were many of them but the noodles were overlooked to the point of mushy and the sauce tasted artificial, like it came from a box. It was orange, too, which was a bit disturbing. We each had a glass of sparking wine which was nice. Our waitress was wonderful and definitely elevated our experience! She comped us a dessert because it was my birthday. She was sweet and attentive. Overall, probably a good option if you are in the area and don't want to eat at a shack. It wasn't quite worth the prices but it was not a bad meal.

1  Thank Dixeydixeydixey

We strive to provide outstanding service and freshly prepared local food. I am sorry to hear that some of the food you ordered failed to meet your expectations. We would have loved the opportunity in the moment to try and rectify it for you, if you had brought it to our attention. We definitely want all our guests to leave satisfied. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Very enjoyable lobster lunch special for two with mussels, clams, 1 1/2lb lobsters (2 of them), corn, potatoes plus great service. Our server Brandie was outstanding. The setting on the deck overlooking the water was beautiful and relaxing.

1  Thank Daniel F

Our clambake for 1 or 2 is quite delicious, as well as filling. I happy to hear that you & your wife enjoyed it and that Brandie took great care of you. I will be sure to pass a long your comments to her. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I approached Robert's Maine Grill with trepidation, given that it is embedded within the outlet malls of Kittery; I figured it'd be yet another place doling out subpar food for inflated prices to the flood of tourists passing through. Boy, was I wrong! The chowder was fantastic. Both my jambalaya and my wife's seafood pasta were excellent. Top notch quality food, absolutely delicious. The only hiccup was one of their specialty drinks, the Bloody Mary; it tasted like I was drinking liquid peppercorns, I couldn't taste any other ingredient in the drink. I sent it back and they comped it without a problem, even though I'd already eaten the jumbo shrimp that came with the drink, so I was reasonably satisfied with how things turned out with the drink. Would 100% go back, the next time we vacation in the area.

1  Thank RobZ01

I appreciate you taking a chance and giving us a try, so happy to learn you were pleasantly surprised. It is nice to know that the staff took good care of you and handled your drink issue appropriately. We look forward to you giving us the opportunity to serve you the next you visit Kittery. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.