“Food was good, excellent service, some items pricey”

Robert's Maine Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Robert's Maine Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Kittery Trading Post
Description: Robert's opened in June 2006 with the same mission that it has today: to take a fresh spin on farm-to-table Maine cuisine. Sourcing local ingredients has always been a strong part of Maine culture, and we are passionate about taking these values to the next level with innovative dishes and modern ambience. So yes, we are renowned for our lobster, baked and fried seafood, steaks, burgers and local craft beer, but we also strive to include New American elements to our menu with seasonal, local ingredients. Over the years, Robert's has grown to become a Maine institution, celebrating the evolving culinary landscape of the state. Most importantly, we strive to serve locals and visitors with food that is fresh, mindful and delicious!
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'd first like to say that the only reason I tried this restaurant was due to the reviews it received from tripadvisor. I told my waitress that was why I came.

I got the clam bake, which was $50 for two, which I thought was a good price. We each got a 1lb lobster, roasted potatoes, mussels, steamers, and some vegetables. The vegetables were hard and tasteless, so we didn't eat them. There was kielbasa in the clam bake (they just bring one big pot to the table), which was tasty. The roasted potatoes were delicious when they first brought them out, but they got cold really quickly. My daughter got a casserole, which wasn't very good. That was either $23 or $24. That meal was very disappointing. My son got the baked haddock. It was not a large portion, but it was fresh and tasty ($20). The blueberry crumb cake was very good (with ice cream). The chocolate cake was much to rich (and for my son not to eat a $7.50 piece of cake was wasteful). The service was very good. So really, I would have liked to give this restaurant 3.5 starts -- but I rounded it up to four. Note: it will definitely cost you over $100 (probably closer to $125 without the tip) if you go with a family of four.

GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

I am certainly disappointed that some of your entrees & the chocolate cake did not meet your expectations. My staff and I would have loved the opportunity in the moment to try and rectify it for you, if your displeasure had been brought to our attention. While, I wish your experience had been more positive, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to help us improve. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

There are newer reviews for Robert's Maine Grill

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Love the atmosphere. Great little bar area, and good food. Carry good assortment of Maine craft brews. The only downside is that $7 for a draft beer and $3 to $3.25 for an oyster, is on the pricey side. Staff was nice and friendly.

GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our restaurant. I am sorry you found our prices a bit high. We do offer Buy 1 get 1 free oysters all day on Mondays throughout the year. We also offer all our craft beer pint selections for $3 during "Hoppy Hour", Monday - Friday 3pm - 6pm. I hope you will come back and try us again!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Looking for a non-corporate place where we could have a quiet conversation and we were pleasantly surprised at just how good everything was. We were greeted with a genuinely welcoming smile when we entered. The waitress brought some yummy roasted pepper and white bean spread with crackers to the table which was great because we had skipped lunch and were famished! All of our food was tasty and timely. We knew that we had picked the right place when we became aware of all the locals greeting each other as they came and went. You know it's good when the locals hang there[! This will become one of go-to places whenever we come to Kittery!

I am happy to hear that the staff took good care of you. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our establishment. Please stop by the next time you visit Kittery, we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Food was good, thought our service was outstanding, coconut lime cheesecake to die for, but be prepared for a hefty bill. This place is definitely on the pricey side for a casual restraurant.

It is our mission to provide outstanding service and freshly prepared local food. I am please to hear that the staff to go care of you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were not in the mood to cook at home, but not in the mood for a full restaurant dinner either. So we had some oysters, two each of three local harvested ones and the excellent Spruce Creek Margaritas and looked over the smaller items.

Course 2: Pan Sauteed Mussels in Cream Sauce, and a side of Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Excellent!

Course 3: Crab Cakes with Chipotle Aioli and a side of Sweet Potato Fries. The fries were excellent dipped in the aioli.

So glad you found menu items to suit your needs. I hope you will come back again and try some of our other delicious small bites or bar snacks. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.