“Seriously delicious, and I'm picky...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Robert's Maine Grill

Robert's Maine Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Robert's Maine Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Kittery Trading Post
Description: Robert's opened in June 2006 with the same mission that it has today: to take a fresh spin on farm-to-table Maine cuisine. Sourcing local ingredients has always been a strong part of Maine culture, and we are passionate about taking these values to the next level with innovative dishes and modern ambience. So yes, we are renowned for our lobster, baked and fried seafood, steaks, burgers and local craft beer, but we also strive to include New American elements to our menu with seasonal, local ingredients. Over the years, Robert's has grown to become a Maine institution, celebrating the evolving culinary landscape of the state. Most importantly, we strive to serve locals and visitors with food that is fresh, mindful and delicious!
new york
“Seriously delicious, and I'm picky...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We took the food to go, unfortunately, so I can't comment on the waitstaff, but the food was amazing. We got lobster rolls, lobster mac n cheese, green beans, clam chowder, raspberry pie, and a brownie. All of the food was amazing, and the portions were generous. The restaurant is lovely, and the staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed the take out food you received. Next time you visit the area I hope you can come in to relax and enjoy some of our other delicious menu items. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience we appreciate the feedback.

Hampton, New Hampshire
“Another great meal at Robert's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a rainy and dreary day and as usual the food and service were excellent. Even though the day was nasty the view from the second floor overlooking the water was nice. Tried 6 different types of oysters from the daily specials list and they were all great. Some Briny, some Sweet, but all fresh and delicious. Even got my girlfriend, who had never had an oyster in her life, to try one and she loved it (or so she said). Lunch for us was the Haddock Reuben with ale braised red cabbage, Swiss cheese, and spicy tartar on toasted rye and the Seafood Pot Pie with Maine shrimp, scallops, haddock, fennel, carrots, peas and potatoes topped with a flaky pastry crust which were both delicious. If you make a reservation request to be seated on the second floor overlooking the water.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad we were able to brighten up your day with our delicious oyster selections and tasty menu items. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our establishment. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Charlottetown, Canada
“Good selection a but a tad overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Being from the east coast and place dependent on fishing and tourism you are aware of what is good and beyond. Roberts has a large selection of seafood and shellfish. Being in an area with outlets and close to Portsmouth and Boston the prices on somethings are inflated. Lunch size fish and chips was one piece fish (maybe 5 ozs) and a handfull of fries and miniscule amount of coleslaw 15 bucks is way over priced and 10 bucks for a margherita is highway robbery spruce creek or not. Calamari 12 bucks not out of line and the lobster blt around the going rate but a couple of bucks higher. We all like fresh seafood but fresh does not mean it should cost twice as much. Good view out the back but the place is noisy if that bothers you. service was prompt and efficient. If you are charging 15 bucks for one small piece of fish it better be the best but this was just good nothing that would scream I had to go back. My own at home is far superior.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We work hard to deliver high quality freshly prepared local food, I am sorry that you do not feel you got the value for what you paid. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I appreciate you for sharing your feedback. Thank you.
Brea, California
“Amazing Food, Great Service, and Beautiful Environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

The food here was outstanding! I had New England Clam Chowder and Fish and Chips. It was awesome! Our waitress was so nice. The restaurant is right past the New Hampshire-Maine border in a really quiet, cute town, Kittery. The people are really nice here and polite. It is a little on the pricey, but I thought the food was awesome. I would really check it out if you are around :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We strive to provide great service and freshly prepared local food. I am very happy to hear that we met your expectations for both during your visit. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write about your dining experience. I hope you will stop by again the next time you visit Maine.
Saco, Maine
“Always Consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We visit this restaurant probably monthly and the food is always consistent which I can't say about too many places. The service is always good and they are friendly. They have decent raw bar options. You will find the prices a little high but they believe in using local food and products which I appreciate.

I would recommend the fried oyster sliders, the lobster mac n cheese or the fried chicken. They used to offer a seafood paella, but that has been removed off the menu for awhile now. They also offer a stamp card if you visit often which is a nice touch!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I am happy to hear that the staff took good care of you and that you enjoyed many of our menu items and raw bar selections. Please note that as long as we have the ingredients in house, we would be glad to make any of our discontinued menu items upon request, just simple ask your server. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our establishment.