“Very Good”

Robert's Maine Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Robert's Maine Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Kittery Trading Post
Description: Robert's opened in June 2006 with the same mission that it has today: to take a fresh spin on farm-to-table Maine cuisine. Sourcing local ingredients has always been a strong part of Maine culture, and we are passionate about taking these values to the next level with innovative dishes and modern ambience. So yes, we are renowned for our lobster, baked and fried seafood, steaks, burgers and local craft beer, but we also strive to include New American elements to our menu with seasonal, local ingredients. Over the years, Robert's has grown to become a Maine institution, celebrating the evolving culinary landscape of the state. Most importantly, we strive to serve locals and visitors with food that is fresh, mindful and delicious!
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Very Good”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate there for lunch and where pleasantly surprised, the parking lot was packed and where told it would be a fifteen minute wait, which it was. The food was outstanding and the service was great. The prices are a little steep, but the quality of food and portions make it a good bye. If in Kittery this is the only place to get something better than just fast food.

Visited September 2013
GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I am so glad it was worth the wait. We look forward to welcoming you back again and appreciate your business. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

Montpelier, Vermont
“Excellent, excellent service!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

As our friends rave about the place we decided to give it a try. The clam chowder wasn't great and I wouldn't get it again but the lobster roll was terrific and we certainly had no complaint about the service. Its nice to go out to eat and be waited on by an attentive, well trained server, it happens so rarely these day! Kudos!

• Visited August 2013
I am sorry to hear that the chowder did not meet your expectations during your last visit, but glad to know you received the excellent service you deserve as our guest. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It is feedback, from valued guests like yourself that allows us to constantly improve.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great experience and Gluten-Free”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited here on vacation and I've been meaning to write this review for some time.

The gluten-free rolls for the lobster rolls made our trip special. How can you visit Maine without trying a lobster roll? We thought that we would need to do our usual---skip the local speciality to get something that we could eat. Oh no, not at Robert's. We were very glad to have this option.

The raw oysters were great too. Everybody enjoyed their meals. We would have like to have eaten at Robert's again later in the trip on the drive back to Boston, but the timing did't work out.

Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2013
I am thrilled that the staff took good care of you and that you were able to find menu items that could accommodate your special dietary needs. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our establishment. I hope you have a chance to stop by again if visiting Maine.
Wallingford
“This Light House Guides You in To Great Eating”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived there on a Friday just b/4 8pm and seeing all the cars in the parking lot, I expected that we would have to wait. To my surprise we were usher right to our table. Their place settings were unique by having all the silverware in a Mason / Ball jars. Their menu is predominantly sea food but they do have a selection for land lovers. We had learned that Roberts also own Bobs clam shack. with this knowledge my wife knew what she was having without looking at the menu - clam strips. Their serving size is plentiful. One of the daily specials for that day was the lobster bake for one which was my selection. It contained a 1lb lobster, mussels, clams, corn on the cob, potatoes.They give you a regular bucket on your table to dispose all your shells. I wasn't going to have desert but I was led into temptation by seeing the desert menu. I decided on the blueberry crumb made with Maine blueberries ( of course), topped with an old fashion vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Did I mentioned that it was heated? When finished this feast I wanted to sing : "Roll out the Barrel"

Visited August 2013
We work hard to deliver high quality freshly prepared local food, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the menu items you selected. I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the Kittery Maine area. Thank you for sharing your comments.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We had looked at the online menu through Trip Advisor and decided on a Pasta/Shrimp/Scallop main course and so we were disappointed to see this no longer on the menu. When we mentioned this to our server she immediately spoke with the kitchen and we were assured this was not a problem. The dish was garlicky, well seasoned with succulent fresh seafood. One small glitch, our mains came before we were finished our appetizers otherwise service was excellent. We plan on dining at Robert's again when we visit the Maine Coast.

Visited August 2013
We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Maine. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.