“Extremely Happy”

Robert's Maine Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Robert's Maine Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Kittery Trading Post
Description: Robert's opened in June 2006 with the same mission that it has today: to take a fresh spin on farm-to-table Maine cuisine. Sourcing local ingredients has always been a strong part of Maine culture, and we are passionate about taking these values to the next level with innovative dishes and modern ambience. So yes, we are renowned for our lobster, baked and fried seafood, steaks, burgers and local craft beer, but we also strive to include New American elements to our menu with seasonal, local ingredients. Over the years, Robert's has grown to become a Maine institution, celebrating the evolving culinary landscape of the state. Most importantly, we strive to serve locals and visitors with food that is fresh, mindful and delicious!
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely Happy”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have never written a review for the public; but, I felt compelled after reading Linda S's review dated April 17, 2013
Whenever I am in Maine on business I always stop at Roberts, I can be alone or with as many as 6 business associates. I have never had a bad experience with the service or the food. The servers have always gone the extra mile if someone had a special request. The silverware, table tops and the restrooms have always been clean. My business associates are from Asia, and South America. More often than not one of them is first to suggest Robert's.
First of all, if I had asked where the restrooms were and an employee had responded in that manner I would have asked for the owner or manager immediately. If this Linda S. truly is a manager at a Hilton Hotel she would have done just that...Also since she went to Robert's once a week--Why did she have to ask where the restrooms were???
Another thing, how do you spend $140.00 for two people at Roberts at lunch???
There is something wrong with Linda's review. And Robert's being busy every time i have been there says something positive about Robert's.
Perhaps there was a customer standing near the counter area and responded to her question and an employee apologized for the customers abuse.

1 Thank Mike T
GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
It's nice to hear that we are your go to place when in the Kittery area. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again next time you and your associated are in Maine.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I lived in Kittery most of my life. Thought of Kittery to be a wonderful place to raise children..small town girl. I live in Manchester now...I come to Robert's Grill once a week with my daughter who is 19 years old. Spend about $140.00 for lunch every time we come there. After a long day on the road..we decided to stop at Robert's Grill for lunch...when we came in I asked to where the bathroom was and the girl behind the counter yelled out " we have bathrooms out back..outhouses for you then walked away. With total surprise...my daughter and I looked at each other and replied are you serious? Are you talking to us? She walked away! A man came out and apologized to us and directed us to the restrooms just down the hall.
We are of Hawaiian, Japanese and Spanish decent.....if this is how they treat customers! WOW!!!
You just lost our business!!!! I grew up on Haley Road...just down the street! I am a manager with a Hilton Hotel....never will I refer them here. Discrimination!!!! I am reporting you to the State of Maine.
Beware people of color.....get ready to be treated like it was back in the 50's !!!!!

3 Thank Linda S
Michael1191, Owner at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Linda S,

I am so sorry this happened. I'm shocked by it and terribly upset. I have emailed you directly. I certainly want to refund your charges in full and offer whatever I can. Mostly we are trying to find out who was involved here and train and correct the situation with all seriousness and urgency. I do appreciate you bringing this to light. Please let me know if you are interested in speaking further.

Michael
Pullman, Washington
“Beautiful place, didn't love price”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Quick stop on another kittery/Portsmouth visit, good service but a little expensive for my taste, I have 4 kids so I am always aware of prices and 19.00 for 3 lobster sliders is not what I call a great deal.....specially in a state where seafood is everywhere... Called my attention too that they served the spread with crackers that looked like those out a box, not any artesian toast or bread.. Like I said pretty place they even have a souvenir shop, but I probably won't return.

Visited March 2013
GM_Desiree, General Manager at Robert's Maine Grill, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I am certainly disappointed that your experience was not all that it could have been. It is feedback like this that we learn from and can use to improve.Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Good food with a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I thought the staff was especially friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was excellent, wonderful views. Food was good however not to DIE for!

Visited March 2013
I am glad you had a pleasant service experience, enjoyed our views and appreciated the cleanliness of our restaurant. I am sorry to hear you were slightly disappointed in the food. I would of loved to have had specifics, so I could address the issue with the Chef. It is feedback, from valued guests like yourself that allows us to constantly improve. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Oysters and Chowder”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped here on a lark. We left Boston earlier on Sunday morning and by noontime we had gotten hungry. My brother-in-law had recommended Robert's for their oysters, so I thought that we would try it. It was a good decision. We had Bagaduce oysters from maine and they were some of the best we had ever had, It wasn't inexpensive, but in my book it was worth it. The Haddock and Leek chowder was outstanding, creamy rich with ample fish. My mates also enjoyed their meals. I'll go again, but I'll pick times when the oysters are less expensive. $3 each was a bit pricey.

• Visited April 2013
So glad you stopped in on your trip to Maine to enjoy some of our fresh local oysters. Be sure to come back on a Monday for BOGO - when you can buy 1 oyster get 1 free! I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again next time you are in the Kittery, Maine area. Thanks for taking the time to write your review.