“This is A Mexican Gem in the Seafood Belt”
Review of Loco Coco's Tacos

Loco Coco's Tacos
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Years ago by friend Matty recommended that I check this place out. It took me a few years but I finally got there. When we arrived, I observed it was a lot bigger than what Matty had described, I later learned that they were doing so well in their counter service area that they added on another room to have a full service and bar area. It was pretty busy for 6 PM on a wintry Thursday night but we scored a high table in the bar. The servers were very prompt and very friendly. The salsa was not an out of the bottle, generic and had a bit of a zip. I had a Tecate and my friend had a very creative margarita. We also saw a variety of cocktails coming and going around the room. My enchilada was very good and had flavors that are not often found in what passes for authentic Mexican food in New England. My friend had a king sized burrito that was also packed with flavor. I could see by the volume of people that were picking up orders to go at the counter that LCT has a very strong following on the Seacoast. I would certainly be a loyal diner if I lived closer to Kittery/Portsmouth. I will be back at some point because Mexican food that good and at a fair price is well worth the trip all the way up to Lobster Land.

1  Thank DT705

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We've been going to Loco Coco's for years, but last night was the first time we ate on the Full Service side.( There are two sides, Full service which you are waited on, or the take out/ eat in side where you go up and order, and get your own food.) We had a fantastic waitress. Everything came out pretty fast, drinks and food, and they were pretty busy on both sides of the restaurant. The food is always terrific. We will definitely continue to come to Loco Coco for our burritos and nachos!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had heard great things about this place from some friends and in various reviews, so I decided to drive down and give it a try last weekend. It was worth the trip. The food was excellent and authentic. I sampled three different tacos (fish, carnitas and barbacoa), all were excellent. They have some great homemade sauces as well. I saw other diners working on football sized burritos and will return to dive into one of them in the future. I lived in Southern California for many years and love Mexican food so it's always good to have another place to go; perhaps they'll open another shop in the greater Portland area ??

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I love this place. Good beer! Great food! Good ambiance! Would always-always go back! TripAdvisor asks me " Is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant?" the answer is ABSOLUTELY YES!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Recently had our first visit to Loco Coco's Tacos and it definitely will not be our last. If you like pretty good Tex-Mex food in a funky atmosphere at pretty good prices then this place is a must visit for you.

1  Thank jamesleetn