“deliciously unique”
Review of Anneke Jans

Anneke Jans
Reserve with OpenTable
Anneke Jans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Kittery
Cross street: Walker St
Salem, New Hampshire
“deliciously unique”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our first time here, we were all pleasantly surprised!!! It's a little confusing to find (no signage other than an easel with their name on it on the sidewalk) But the warm inviting rustic atmosphere with an eclectic flare won us over. From start to finish the food was superb. My mussels App was AMAZING, plan on soaking up the broth with lots of bread, it's irresistable! The Steak tartar was the best my hubby has ever had. For dinner he had the duck, it was about as perfect as you can get duck, lean and delicious. I had the special buffalo short ribs with root veggies over mashed... and wow was it flavorful. The meat fell off the bone, and their combination of veggies and seasonings made this the perfect meal for a rainy night! Our friends had the Calves liver (I'm not a fan, but had a taste, it was good) and the Cod... the cod was pan seared with a yummy crusty coating. They certainly know how to pair great tasting foods. We will absolutely be returning, this place was a terrific find!

• Visited November 2013

Boston
“This is a find”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This restaurant is a real find. It is both a neighborhood gem and also a gourmet's delight. The local food is well prepared and presented and the staff are super friendly and efficient. You are made welcome from the minute you enter the restaurant until you depart. Their bar tenders are experts at cocktails and wine and entertain their bar seated guests. It is a great place to meet people and to enjoy a "chat" with strangers or to have quiet conversation with a friend.

• Visited October 2013
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Cozy and scrumptious”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Second time here and it did not disappoint. From start to finish, the meal was fantastic and service was superb. Try the fried olives, they are different and super. The mussels with blue cheese were among the best I've ever had. Worth the drive from Portsmouth.

• Visited October 2013
north carolina
“Delicious and beautiful”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went there last night for a work dinner. Ordered the mussels with blue cheese and white wine broth as an app, the duck breast for my entree.

Had it been acceptable to lick the bowl after the mussels I wouldve given it some thought but instead soaked up every drop with the terrific bread on the table. The duck was perfectly prepared and I loved it.

Service was attentive but in pretentious and unobtrusive. The room would be a great romantic date spot. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't have room to try the peaches for dessert.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank cbl41
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loved the food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place was recommended to me by the staff at the Black Trumpet in Portsmouth, and I'm glad I took their recommendation. It's a similar style, delicious food and unfussy service. I tried the pork chop in red cherry sauce, a combination I wouldn't have thought of but really good. Wish I had saved some room for dessert, as the desserts that passed me by looked amazing!

Visited July 2013