“Loved the food”
Review of Anneke Jans

Anneke Jans
Reserve with OpenTable
Anneke Jans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 72 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walker St
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place was recommended to me by the staff at the Black Trumpet in Portsmouth, and I'm glad I took their recommendation. It's a similar style, delicious food and unfussy service. I tried the pork chop in red cherry sauce, a combination I wouldn't have thought of but really good. Wish I had saved some room for dessert, as the desserts that passed me by looked amazing!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went here for a date night and loved the cocktails. Unfortunately my husband and I did not love the appetizers we got or the entrees. We did try fried olives and shared them and they were out of this world. My husband got the steak frites which if the steak was cooked correctly would have been wonderful but unfortunately that was not the case- although the frites were outstanding. We got a dessert to share which was a banana trifle. OUT OF THIS WORLD. All in all we will be back in hopes that we order better stuff next time!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I have spent the last 15 years in the seacoast area and for our anniversary we wanted to try something different. We had heard the reviews about Anneke Jans and had a great meal. My wife is a steak fan and had a beautifully cooked piece of meat. The mussel starter was one of the best we have ever had in the area. The sesame encrusted tuna was also excellent. Interesting variety of summer cocktails, something for everyones pallet.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Made reservations for Monday night and we arrived before the others so we had a drink in the bar. Was a little dark in there, but nice and comfortable. Once the four of us had arrived we were seated at our table. We started with Gazpacho soup, steak tartare, and raw oysters. All were very good. Our waitress went thru the specials and I was happy to hear Jambalaya was one of them. I had read on tripadvisor how good it is and wanted to try it. It was excellent! The Angus Sirloin Strip was very good. It came with carrots and Pomme Frites, which are shoe string fries and they are really good! The Trout was very good too and one of the other specials was a lobster risotto which was excellent! The service was excellent. The restaurant was a bit over half capacity and the noise level was not a problem. I had read it can be noisy in there, but on this Monday 6-8 PM it wasn't. When we finished I asked the others in our party what was wrong with the place and we all agreed nothing at all. I recommend Anneke Jans and will go back!

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of about 12 co-workers and it was perfect. The menu is very creative, but there are options for even the pickiest eaters.

Definitely try the fried olive appetizer. Sounds weird, but they were great. I had the jambalaya entree (see my picture). Wow! It was a special, but hopefully they do it again. I'm not a bread pudding fan, but my co-workers all loved it.

1  Thank Curtstev