“good food at the right price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Weathervane Seafood Restaurant

Weathervane Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 70 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“good food at the right price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food was very good well prepared and the prices were very good. I had the stuffed haddock, which they made special for me because I have a scallop allergy. They also had the manager deliver my food so as not to have any contamination. I was very impressed.
My husband got the steak tips which he said were very good and cooked to his liking! I would definately recommend this restaurant if you are in the area!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank hillbillyhoya

Framingham, MA
“The price was right... but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Completely shopped out and ready for a good meal, we checked out online reviews for Weathervane. We try to be careful about our menu choices so we were pleased to see some nutritional info online. We decided to give it a shot. While perusing the menu we saw they offered a "lighter version" of one of their "signature dishes"... the broiled seafood (salmon, scallops & haddock). We asked if it was just a smaller version ($12.99 vs $18.99) and were told "they're the same." Knowing that didn't sound right, nor was it what it said on the menu, we ordered it anyway, hoping for smaller portions. While we waited they brought rather unremarkable rolls & butter to the table. I might have been tempted if the rolls were warm, but they weren't. Just right out of the package. A short time later our dinners arrived. The mixed veggies were perfectly cooked and a good sized serving. The scallops were salty, the salmon was just okay, and the haddock was a bit overcooked. It's true... you get what you pay for, so the price was right. Would I be likely to go back to Weathervane on our next trip to Kittery? Probably not.

• Visited May 2013
Bellport, New York
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great seaford and service...I would eat here again..So many items to try..All my friends where happy with their meals.

• Visited May 2013
Middletown, New York
“Great food at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place has a variety of seafood to please anyone. Very family oriented. Clam chowder is great! Must visit while shopping.

Visited April 2013
York Beach, Maine
“Improving!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

A recent visit to the Kittery Weathervane brought us excellent service, great prices, and so much food that we left the restaurant with several take home boxes. I ordered the "Scallop and Apple Special" and it was delicious. My companions ordered the "Admiral's Platter" which is a baked seafood combination and found it to be to their liking. We divided the "Calamari Appetizer" which was an unusual but nice combination of flavors. Interior is becoming dated....

• Visited April 2013