“A must visit but may need a loan to feed a family”
Review of Bob's Clam Hut

Bob's Clam Hut
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Established in 1956 on busy Route One long before that stretch became bustling and busy with Kittery's outlet shops, Bob’s was the locals' golden fried standard. Now Bob's is a favorite spot for locals and travelers alike. We hear it from our guests: no trip to Maine is complete without a meal at Bob's Clam Hut.Bob's is committed to serving traditional Maine fried seafood with straightforward simplicity. Our clams are always fresh, which means daily deliveries--we're too small to store more than that anyway. We use "specials," which are clams hand-selected for consistent size and quality. We follow the original Bob's recipes, including the famous tartar sauce. Customer favorites include Bob's New England Clam Chowder, Lobster Stew, the traditional Bob's fried clams, and the Lillian fried clams. The volume of fryolator oil we go through amazes our suppliers--our oil cleanliness standards are second to none. Our staff uses the same cook-to-order system that Bob and his family developed way back when the Clam Hut first opened.Open for lunch and dinner year round from 11:00.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I make a point to visit Bob's Clam Hut, when I head to Kittery for some shopping, it's a great place with some amazing food. Their clam strips are beautifully friend and never greasy and they by far have the best onion rings around. However I have to admit coming from a seafood centric area as well, I was shocked for what we were recently charged for our meal. I took my mother who was visiting for a few days. We ordered a medium clam strip plate and had a side of onion rings and 1 soda (I had a drink that I already bought so I forwent a drink here) and it came to ~$41! This was a shared lunch for 2 people. Maybe I am not with the times or Maine prices but this was such a shock. We wont be visiting again this year, but won't give up on the place either...maybe there was a high demand and short stock...who knows. But I really hope Bob's doesn't turn into one of those places that takes advantage of the fact that they are a tourist destination and figure people will visit once and take the high prices....this will only alienate the rest of their loyal customers.

Nonetheless this is a must check out. Just be warned.

There are newer reviews for Bob's Clam Hut

Reviewed March 31, 2014

You'd think a place called Bob's Clam Hut would have the best clams...and they probably do, based on my last visit here! But this time, I ordered the fried Scallops. and they are without question, as good as it gets! Light batter, juicy FRESH Sea Scallops and a generous portion, including some fries!!

I suspect everything on the menu is probably great, so you can't miss here...Dining is al fresco in the summer months, and on picnic type tables and a few booths inside, during the winter months.
friendly staff add to the fun. or the cheapest, just the best!!!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have gone by the place many times but finally decided to stop and try it. Menu posted on wall is extensive. You will be sure to find something you want. Many selections of each seafood so you can get it how you want it. So many that is takes a few minutes to decide. You place your order at the window and are given a number. Orders come up quickly. Being winter we ate inside. Inside seating is limited so at busy times you might be waiting for a table. Poured our own drinks and enjoyed. True to what everyone says, the clamstrips were delicious. Few compare. Shrimp was also very good. Fun atmosphere. The staff on the floor were very attentive and cleaning/picking up in a flash. Very friendly. Average orders seemed to be running about $35 per 2 people. Busy location. Parking can be limited. Easier to find a seat in the summer when they have outdoor seating. Definately will stop again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Got the jumbo lobster roll for lunch and while it was a reasonable amount of lobster, it seemed to be a smaller portion than on other visits.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

If you are passing through Kittery and you love seafood, this is the place for you! We were here in February, and were so thrilled to discover that Bob's Clam Hut is open in the winter months. You place your order at the indoor take-out window and bring your food to the beach-themed, comfy indoor dining room. Their chowder is wonderful, as well as their fried clams, fish and fried shrimp. They also have a window for ice cream. We found their prices to be quite reasonable, too. Bob's is located conveniently right off the exit in Kittery (down the road from the Kittery Trading Post). A great family place!