“thought it was great!”

Cap'n Simeon's Galley
Harrisburg, PA
“thought it was great!”
Reviewed September 5, 2005

We ate inside, in the main restaruant, and had a great experience. Prompt and friendly service, good food and good prices. I chose the stuffed haddock with fries and a side salad and my mom and grandmother opted for the lobster roll with chips.

This place was a great spontaneous choice and it was nice to walk down on the pier after dinner for some sunset photos.

1 Thank rjarabeck

A TripAdvisor Member
“An old classic in Kittery, but not so good”
Reviewed August 8, 2004

Not a good experience. We (4 adults, 2 children) ate outside under the tent in back of the restaurant, which was self-serve style and a limited menu (which suited us). When we first sat, our table was greasy. The cook was the only staff member present at that time. I waited 10 minutes and asked him for a cloth to wipe our table. I felt bad for him, so offered to wipe it myself. The towel was so disgustingly dirty that my hands smelled of a combination of mildew and clammy water. I went up to the main restaurant to wash my hands and there was no soap. I asked the hostess if someone could find some soap, and her response was tacit annoyance. I waited almost 10 minutes and no soap, so I suggested the women’s room. Again, big sighs. Back to the tent . . . cheers to the guy who showed up to help. He worked his butt off trying to make the best of a total chaos, but we also saw a staff member standing around while customers were complaining because of a lack of forks and napkins (which is problematic when eating lobster). Orders were getting mixed up and many were incomplete. Consequently, the wait was ridiculous – one hour with only about six parties present under the tent. Our steamers and lobsters were ice cold, although I should add that the food quality was still good. Skip the side salad – you can get a better one at McDonald’s. What really got me was that there were no compensatory gestures for the long waits, cold food, and screwed up orders – not even a sorry. They simply took the $120 and thanked us for that. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this restaurant.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member