“Great Local Pub!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've been to Rudder's Publick House 3 or 4 times now and will be returning again. The burgers are very good and cooked exactly as requested. My only dinner trip was last night with friends from Manchester. They were impressed with the food AND the atmosphere. (Its a nice diversion from Portsmouth when you can't find parking!!) Despite being quite busy, Jackie (the owner) was attentive, thorough and as I have found her to be during my lunch visits, energetic and customer focused. Great atmosphere, great service and a a funky vibe.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Service was good both times we stopped in, once for dinner and then lunch. Food was not anything to write home about. Lobster Mac & Cheese had "four" small pieces of lobster in the entire dish! Certainly not worth the $ 18.99 price. Meatloaf was expensive for the the amount and flavor. Lunch was a disappointing hot wings and spring rolls.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

A new branch in Kittery (Foreside), Maine. Original in Portsmouth, NH. Great large BBQ meals.
Eat In or Take Out.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was my grandson`s idea and a good one it was,food was good,place was sparkling clean and the people friendly,he had the ribs I had the fried chicken,we were both happy,have never been to the MoJo`s in Portsmouth but this lil sister seems to be a good representation of the bigger one,the only complaint was some sides were cooler than we would have liked,and mac and cheese could be creamier or cheesier,southern mac and cheese is different but was cool so hard to judge,but we enjoyed everything else and we will be back!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I didn't think the food was anything to rave about. It was ok, don't get me wrong, not bad, just not anything spectacular, average. The service was fantastic though. Very nice bartenders/counter help. Friendly. Liked the way the place is decorated. Somebody did a great job. Small inside, not a big place, bar and a few small tables. I guess the food is really to each persons personal taste. It was all piping hot and fresh, just no WOW factor for me.