“A Mini Mojo's Experience”

Rudders Public House
Ranked #14 of 70 Restaurants in Kittery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Dover, New Hampshire
“A Mini Mojo's Experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Mojo's BBQ in Kittery is located on Wallingford Street in Kittery (a small side street) and is really located on Government Street, the main business section in Kittery Foreside. Mojo's, like most of the businesses on Government Street, does not have it's own parking, and parking is hard to find in this area.

But that shouldn't discourage you from goiing to Mojo's in Kittery. Mojo's in Kittery is a significantly different experience than the one in Portsmouth, NH. It is much smaller, and does not have tableside service. Portsmouth Mojo's is a much livelier venue.

My wife, adult son and I visited Mojo's in Kittery on August 10, 2012. It was our first time there. This Mojo's has about 5 - 6 tables, and a bar with a good number of seats. You order at the cash register at the bar, and your food is brought to your table when it is ready. Soft drinks are purchased from a cooler.

I ordered the Mojo Massacre sandwich, which I have had before at the Portsmouth Mojo's, which is a burger with pulled pork and coleslaw. Delicious! My son ordered a beef brisket and bbq chicken dinner with sides of cornbread and mac & cheese. My wife had the 4 pc fried chicken dinner with sides of cornbread and mac & cheese. They both loved their chicken and cornbread, although they were both a little disappointed in the mac & cheese, for not having a rich cheese flavor.

My one critisicm of Kittery Mojo;s was the lack of blues music. When you go to the Portsmouth Mojo's, blues music is played on the PA system. When we were a Kittery Mojo's, there was no music at all when we were first there, but the Olympics were on, and the sound was on lightly. ( I can understand that). But later, reggae music was played over the PA system, instead of blues. I like reggae music, but when I go to a blues themed bbq joint, I would like to hear blues music to enhamce the experience rather than reggae or other music.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jebblackfish

“That Burger was delicious!!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Had the the Bacon cheese Burger with Arkasawse. Yummy!!! Wife had chicken sandwich. All was good and hot.

Calera, Oklahoma
“Good food”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife an I stopped by because we saw the sign and were hungry. I was leery about BBQ in Maine since we are from Oklahoma. The food was pretty good. The helping size was more then enough. I had brisket sandwich, fries and onion rings. My wife had ribs, bbq beans and fries. It was all good. They have beer. The place was clean.

• Visited June 2012
Kittery, Maine
“4 happy customers”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My daughter had the 1/4 chicken and sides of red potatoes and cole slaw. Teen # 1 Granddaughter had 1/3 rack of ribs and sides of macaroni and corn bread. Teen Granddaughter #2 had pulled pork sandwich with side of french fries. I had the pulled pork sandwich with bacon and cheese with side of baked beans. Everyone enoyed their entrees and sides, shared by all!!!
My only complaint is that the pulled pork and bulky bun weren't warm enough to melt my cheese. All servings were large.
This was an imprompto visit as we saw the sign that the place was open.

• Visited April 2012
York
“Cute, family spot”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Family owned, great food, small space but worth the wait. Go in the summer as I did and sit outside. Very nice.

Visited August 2011

Been to Rudders Public House? Share your experiences!