“Ok place; consistent quality, nothing special”
Review of Hebert Brothers Seafood - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hebert Brothers Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restuarant is in a strip mall/shopping plaza. The food is good, nothing special, just a good place to eat.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Best seafood around, but I think the closing of the bridge killed them. Hopefully they will open up in the future. My father-in-law is still in mourning. It was the first thing he asked for every time he came to visit.

1  Thank NedandShannon
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I headed here because of the raves on Yelp, but honestly I'm not that impressed.... The chowder was bland and thin with way more potato and onion than I personally like, and very chewy clams.

The lobster roll was served on a nicely-grilled hot dog bun with lots of good lobster, but also needed a bit more mayo, and seasoning (it had none). Personally I like celery in mine but can't ding them for that. ("Just Lobster" vs "lobster and celery and/or lettuce" isn't a debate for here.)

There was little and no view from the restaurant, thought due to construction on Memorial Bridge, we just walked out on it and sat on thh curb and gazed across the Piscataqua to Portsmouth, NH which was nice, but wouldn't have worked if they bridge hadn't been closed.

I can't speak to the quality or prices, but Morrison's Lobsters next door sure seemed to have a better view, and Hebert's left me thinking "wow, we should have tried there, instead."

Reviewed August 24, 2011

These guys are great. I took a friend of mine and my wife for dinner. My friend said about the seafood chowder, "This is the best chowder I have ever had." No small compliment. Don't see what you want on the menu? Tell them what you are interested in and they'll whip it up custom. They have $5 lobster rolls on Wednesdays (my mother gets two every time). They have outside picnic tables for these beautiful summer days. On Sunday we had a dozen friends over for lobster and I didn't feel like cooking them myself. I called Justin and he cooked up 18 of them for less than 10 bucks each. Again, these guys are great, and the seafood is killer.

1  Thank NedandShannon