“New stop for us”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“New stop for us”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

At the recommendation of friends, we stopped in to When Pigs Fly on a recent get-away to York area of Maine. We actually went twice. We were greeted right away when we walked in the door. The place was crowded, but luckily there were a few seats at the bar. The interior is very plain and wide open with casual seating and an outside area for the summer. The bar is a nice size and the bartender, both times, was attentive and made several suggestions for beer (which numbers close to 25 on tap) and apps. I am not big beer drinker, but my No. 17, a German light beer, was wonderful. The brussels sprout appetizer, also a recommendation, with sesame and garlic was delicious and I don’t even eat them. We had the pulled pork pizza, which was very good. Our second trip we were not as hungry and just ordered the flatbread with garlic and cheese appetizer and was surprised when it arrived it was the size of a pizza. We ended up taking half with us.
When Pigs Fly also has a bakery on site and although we did not go in, it was always busy. Our friends who recommended this place has been in and said the breads were very good. They also make a point to stop there before they head back home.
When Pigs Fly will be a place we return to on future visits.

Berkley, MA
“over priced”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had lunch here and we order a pizza and some chicken wings. We found the wings were good but the pizza was over priced, for a 13 inch pizza the price was $18.00, and the pizza did not have a lot of toppings. Part of the crust was so burnt that some of it was not edible. Next time we will drive past.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Pizza still good,but staff changed for the worst”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I agree with the last few comments regarding WPF. It changed so much within the past year,even since the summer.While the pizza and sandwichs are good,I think whom ever is cooking in the kitchen should be fired pronto,everything is too spicy and in a weird way everything tastes the same.But my reasoning for not going back is the staff & management, the customer service is just plain terrible. It use to be a fun place to come in and now it has lost that feeling of a place that makes you want to come for a pizza and beer.The staff are not friendly and I have dealt management there and they seem to have no knowledge of how to deal with customers,so MINEANDYOURS I wouldnt expect a response.Its a shame because they had a good thing going,I am wondering if its still the same owners as the bread outlet next store,it just changed so much,and not for the better.

4 Thank lisa b
Andrew S, Owner at When Pigs Fly Pizzeria, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi this is Andrew the owner of When Pigs Fly. Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I truly value your opinions and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was made aware of the recent comments on Trip Advisor from one of our customers. I am taking all steps necessary to ensure that the comments for the past few months are just a small blip in the future of When Pigs Fly .Providing great food and service has always been our mission. I have met with management and staff this morning to address these concerns. I want you to know that we will be working closely with all involved. If you decide to give us another chance I would like the opportunity to talk with you ,so please ask for me.

Andrew
Rye, New Hampshire
“Bad bar experience- Deana we miss you!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Use to go in for lunch with co-workers and now I'd rather go to Anthony's and just grab a pizza to go,the bar staff is cold and the service is down right terrible.We miss Deana,she made our lunch a great experience,too bad she's gone.She was the reason we traveled from NH.

3 Thank billy w
New York City, New York
“What Happened?”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Sorry if I am being redundant on this restaurant but I need to do this. I reviewed this restaurant on tripadvisor twice already in glowing colors as it is one of my favorite places. I was here again this weeend this weekend and couldn't believe it. My polenta dish was almost as watery as pudding. Polenta should be solid enough to be cut with a fork not scooped with a spoon and it should a slightly crusty exterior. The short ribs cooked in the polenta were chewy and burned. The clam linguini dish was actually cooked with bacon bits and bacon fat. How stupid is that? BACON AND CLAMS DO NOT GO TOGETHER. PLEASE, I really like this place. Don't get nuts on me or I'll just stick with bread and pizzas from now on.

Would be happy to receive a response from the manager.

3 Thank jack M