“Great All Around Store!”

Kittery Trading Post
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Kittery
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors entering our store will enjoy shopping a vast selection of brand name recreational gear, clothing, footwear and specialty gifts for the entire family. Walk upstairs and immerse yourself in outdoor gear & sport-specific apparel for a wide range of outside activities-camping, hiking, paddling, cycling, skiing, snowshoeing & more! Our upper level is also home to one of the most recognized & extensive shooting sports department in New England. Downstairs, an entire level of fresh/saltwater fishing tackle & accessories awaits! You'll find rods, reels, lines, lures, fly fishing & fly tying gear to capture the attention of avid fishers everywhere. We invite you to browse & shop our family store in Kittery; where no matter the season or reason, you can count on our staff for the resources, knowledge and personal service to make your outdoor adventures enjoyable, successful & memorable.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a great stop for souvenirs, gifts, clothing and any (and I mean ANY) outdoor activity needs. The store has a great selection, good prices and there were great sales when I was there. All the staff I encountered were helpful and polite. The store was clean and the bathrooms were clean. At the very least worth a trip if you are in the area. I will add this to my list of must stops when driving through.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The weather warmed while shopping in Kittery so I stopped in to KTP for a t-shirt. Immediately upon entering you are looked over and sized up (not greeted)! I cannot compare the merchandise or the experience to L L Bean in Freeport. Bean's staff is friendly, helpful without being overbearing, kind, knowledgeable and we always enjoy a conversation with them while checking out. At KTP they are non-communicative and after the purchase they tightly staple your bag closed, I can only assume, so that no one can stuff another item in and walk out! Nothing even close to that happens aT LLB - you actually COULD walk out with a canvas tote full of items - that is how trusted the average customer feels in their stores - even the outlets. The merchandise at LLB is superior, no "touristy" junk. Altogether an unpleasant experience made worse by all of the poor dead mounted "wildlife" on display!

2  Thank Paula N
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We actually went to the store at 9 am to kill time until other outlets opened at 10 am, we're we pleasantly surprised. The store is huge and is not just for sporting gear. It had great clothing, and had something for everyone, even great gifts.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Kittery Trading Post is a great place to go for high quality sandals (and shoes too) at a very good price. I shopped around and the prices here were the lowest around. Great store for all kinds of shopping - everything you could want for the outdoors - hunting, fishing, just about anything! Also has somewhat of a "country store" vibe with lots of local "Maine stuff". They've changed everything around and upgraded the place since we were there a few years ago - looks great! We also got a free t-shirt as they are celebrating 75 years in business!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I think the Trading post has more stuff than LL Bean, I know they carry merchadise the Bean doesn't. I just brought home some alligator jerky for the grandkids and they loved it.