“Kittery TTrading Post - Like Many Other Stores”

Kittery Trading Post
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Kittery
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors entering our store will enjoy shopping a vast selection of brand name recreational gear, clothing, footwear and specialty gifts for the entire family. Walk upstairs and immerse yourself in outdoor gear & sport-specific apparel for a wide range of outside activities-camping, hiking, paddling, cycling, skiing, snowshoeing & more! Our upper level is also home to one of the most recognized & extensive shooting sports department in New England. Downstairs, an entire level of fresh/saltwater fishing tackle & accessories awaits! You'll find rods, reels, lines, lures, fly fishing & fly tying gear to capture the attention of avid fishers everywhere. We invite you to browse & shop our family store in Kittery; where no matter the season or reason, you can count on our staff for the resources, knowledge and personal service to make your outdoor adventures enjoyable, successful & memorable.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Organized departments, enough parking, stuffed animals and well-run store...but just like Bass Pro Shops and other outdoor clothing and equipment stores. Nothing unique here.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Ordered and item from Kittery Trading Post two months ago after confirming that they had the item in stock by phone. They in fact did not have the item in stock. They charged me for the item that they did not have in stock two months ago. They have refused contact and have refused to remove the charge from my credit card. I am having to go through the hassle of getting my credit card company to remove the charge. Stay well clear of Kittery Trading Post. They are extremely dishonest. They will lie to you regarding the availabilty of items listed in their online store to get you to give them your credit card information. They will charge you for out of stock items and then keep your mony for as long as they can by refusing contact and refusing to refund your money that should not have been taken in the first place. Kittery Trading Post is very dishonest.

1  Thank MIKELOCK34
Kittery_Trading_Post, Manager at Kittery Trading Post, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Your order was shipped at the time it was placed and an attempt to deliver was made. KTP would welcome the opportunity to assist you in recovering your package, please contact us at 1-888-439-9036. Thank you.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visited here on a recent trip to the area for fun and shopping. I came to check out children's rubber boots, but my big find was a nice assortment of Stonewall Kitchen products. We had just tried to shop at that store, but it was so crowded and the lines were so long we didn't stay. Not only was there a nice assortment, it was all cheaper than at the actual store. Yahoo! I wish I could have shopped more extensively here, I always love poking around in all of the departments, but my friends wanted to move on. They did find a really good sale on a brand of socks they wanted though. A nice touch was the live music they had with a local musician. Very nice.

The day before I had purchased a new case for my iPhone. It is a heavy duty one with special features. Had I waited, I could have purchased it for $5 dollars cheaper plus it was another 10% off on top of that. Oh well!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I love this store.
The prices are very average, but if you like being outside at all, then you will enjoy this store.
The staff are all friendly & willing to help with anything.
They have everything you could need for hunting, camping, skiing, kayaking, and working outside. They have clothes for adults and children. They have seasonal things inside the doors.
Sometimes the checkout lines are long in the weekend, especially in the holidays, but I could spend my entire life in that store.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Kittery Trading Post has everything a sports and outdoor enthusiast needs. A great variety of name brand clothing, home goods, boots, shoes, and all types of sporting goods equipment. The only disappointing fact is that their holiday discounts did not apply to some of the top name brands, but we bought it anyway because of the quality of the merchandise.