“Days Inn Kittery”
Review of Days Inn Kittery

Days Inn Kittery
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Room offered was dirty and smelled of urine. Alternative room offered also smelt, was dark and looked out on a pile of wood and rubbish. Third room also smelt, but not as bad as the first two, Sheets were clean but room was dirty in places. Hotel rubbish was dumped openly on a wooded slope behind the hotel. I asked for a complaint form, but the owner said no supplies left, Hotel, paricularly reception area, smelled of stale curry, as remarked by other guests. Two other guests stated, without being asked, that they would never stay at that motel again. One said that he would never stay at any other Days Inn either, after his experience there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotels in Portsmouth were heavily booked and as it was getting late in the day we called hotels.com to assist us in finding the nearest accommodations that were pet-friendly. We were told there was a room at Days Inn Kittery so we had the agent book us the room. On the way to our room we passed an old man in the hallway with a large insecticide container in one hand and the attached hose and nozzle in the other. When we got into the room the refrigerator was unplugged and because I needed to refrigerate our canned dog food I had my husband plug it in while I inspected the sheets (as is my habit) and after throwing back the top sheet, blanket and bedspread it was immediately apparent that the bed had been slept in the night before!!! The sheets were all rumpled up on the right side of the bed and the pillow showed the indentation from where the person's head had been!! The fitted bottom sheet was all pulled up to the top of the mattress in the upper right hand corner like it will from a night's use. The sheets were a sickening color of yellow! This is a traveler's worst nightmare come true. I'm 60 years old and I have never in my life seen anything this gross in a motel room! I couldn't get out of there fast enough. We confronted the manager (owner?) who checked us in and before I could say anything to him he told me to take my dog outside - they are pet-friendly but the dog is only allowed in the room, not the hallway or lobby. Pet "friendly" - right! I was told to pick my dog up or take her outside so I put her in the car and came back to complain about the unchanged sheets on a bed that was otherwise made up for the next guest. He wouldn't come back at first but after yelling back and forth so much at each other he finally conceded. He refused to admit that the sheets had been slept in. I wouldn't trust this place to even wash the sheets regularly - somebody just forgot to pull the wrinkles out before making it up all neat and tidy. If they'd do that I don't trust them to use cleaners in the bathrooms either. That place gave me the willies and I will never forget it. We're writing hotels.com to see if they'll refund us the money because we are out the reservation - ended up driving till we found another place. I'd sooner sleep in the car than stay in that place. Then, he said he'd cooperate & refund us the money when hotels.com called him less a $25 cleaning fee for walking into the room!! We called hotels.com from the parking lot to lodge our complaint and when they called and spoke to him he denied the allegations. I will never ever stay at another Days Inn no matter how desperate I am.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very helpful front desk and staff
Room was nice & clean, with a great bed and bathroom.
Easy access to I-95 and Rt.1.
Close to Kittery Outlets, Restaurants, & mini-malls.
10-15 minutes to Portsmouth, NH.
1 hour to Portland, Maine

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Mildew on the shower curtain, mold on the box springs, smell was horrible. Weird vent in the shower. The clerk at the desk had large fingerprint bruises on both her arms. If was a holiday weekend and we couldn't find another room. Never staying at a Days Inn again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came back to our room after being out shopping to find the inside door to our room wide open and no one around. Be very careful leaving your personal items in the room because they don't care! Go a little further and stay in New Hampsire! Cleaner rooms better security!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel smelt like stale smoke, mildew, mold and cat litter and that was just the start of things. We had to use an room spray just to be able to be in the room. All the smoke from the rooms accross the hall just came through the vent in the shower that was just vented to the hall way. There is no microwave in every room like stated on the web site, you have 1 microwave in the loby for all guest. The comment was that people were starting fires in the rooms with the microwave, not the smoking that is allowed in the rooms but the "microwaves started the fires". (Yeah right!) So the evidence of the cigarette burns in our non-smoking room suggested to me that the microwaves were not the issue for the fires. The bathroom had mold in the shower. The pool at least a foot to low and was so dirty I did not want to even put my foot in never mind go swimming. The so called breakfast is 2 different kinds of ceral and one small container of french toast/muffins. I did not touch a thing because it looked that disgusting and the way the rest of the hotel was I was afraid it could have been left overs from the day, week or even month before. I would have rather slept out side on the ground because I think that would have been cleaner than the hotel. PLEASE take my advise and DON'T ever stay here.

Room Tip: Please choose ANOTHER hotel all together because there are NO good rooms here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Musty smell as we entered the hallway and in the room. Also no air conditioning in the hallway. We didn't sleep there, and the staff didn't want to give us our money back !! We went to the Ramada who was next to the Days Inn. It's not the best but it was waaaaay better than Days Inn. Very bad service , I wouldn't recomend this hotel !!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittery
Kittery Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#12 of 17 in Portsmouth

Been to Days Inn Kittery? Share your experiences!