Northeaster Motel
$76
Kittery Inn and Suites(Kittery)(Great Value!)
$79
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$139
Courtyard Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
$124
Howard Johnson Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$84
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked as most everything else was overpriced, we paid $129 plus for this dump, but we needed one nights sleep, would never do that again, when we walked up to our room, there was a dirty sock on the steps, there is an abandoned car, parked right outside the rooms, full of blankets and clothes, as in someone sleeps there, outside our motel door is a dried up used facecloth, the bed is not comfortable, and when I opened a drawer to see if there was an extra sheet, after I discarded the comforter to a pile on the floor, I found dead bugs...I am not kidding...Never Again. Also the air conditioner did not work...you had to get up out of bed to plug it in and unplug it...Nightmare.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Baygal60
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I needed a hotel in the Kittery area on short notice and the Northeaster was the only hotel available. After reading all of the reviews, I was a little scared of how it would be. A very young man checked us in and was pleasant and quite capable. We had a room with a king bed and a little back parch. The room was immaculate. The motel was conveniently located and quiet. I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: we had room 6...cant comment on the pool-didn't see or use it
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I booked a room for June 3. It was the wrong date. I wanted to reserve a room for July 3.

I tried to call their phone for the past forty-five minutes and no one answers the phone.

I would not stay here on a bet!

Room Tip: DON'T even think of booking a room on-line with this motel!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ralph B
Reviewed November 12, 2013

So I was in Kittery for some weekend shopping, I called the Northeaster Motel and asked if there were any rooms available and told them there would be 4 adults and one child and requested a non-smoking room. She mentioned she had some rooms and gave me a rate of $59 dollars as long as we paid in cash. When we arrived to the motel, my husband and brother in law went in and my husband quickly came back out to the car and said it was going to an additional $13. I went into the motel to speak to the lady at the front desk to tell her that she did not mention the extra charge on the phone. She then tells me that I sounded older on the phone and that she gave my room to two older couples who came in before us, and she couldn't give me a room for $59 dollars because I was young (I am in my 30's, she had no idea how old I was) and obviously I smoke (I do not smoke at all and no one with me smokes) which I said, so you're discriminating against me due to my age??? I said that it was not right, I said I may look young but I have a child with me, and it is wrong on so many levels that I am being charged extra due to my appearance (meaning I look younger than I am)She then changed her mind but kept asking saying "Please do not do anything to the room" and said this at least 6 times. At this point I did not even want to stay there due to her attitude (which shocked me because she didn't look that old herself) we decided to look at the cabin before we paid to stay there and walked in and there was an odor, mold, it looked very dirty and that it wasn't cleaned at all, so we decided not to stay there. When we came because to tell her of our decision, she wanted to keep the page with our info on it, and we basically had to grab it out of her hands. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!!

Room Tip: Always check out the room first!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I decided this is where we would stop for the night on our road trip. Once we got in, the first thing I noticed was the odour as we walked in. It was bad, almost like urine. I walked out the other door which went outside and it also had an odour that wasn't kind to the senses.It was dim, the bed was uncomfortable to sleep on, and the room itself looked like something from the 70's. So outdate, as well as the "blinds" and curtains which barely covered the windows. Not a very pleasant experience at all. would never let any of our friends stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple