“Our first visit”

Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Kingfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our first visit”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for something different in the Kingfield area. We found this restaurant on trip advisor and were pleasantly surprised. Arrived at 630 and had our pick of tables. Nice eclectic decor with tables made of old doors. We were served water in glass mason jars, not plastic cups as mentioned in other reviews. Our server was pleasant and efficient. We split a lite Caesar salad which was not overly dressed and had some capers for a slight salty bite. Enough salad for two. My wife ordered the vegetarian "burger" which was actually a mix of grilled vegetables. She loved it as well as the hand cut fries. She said she would come back for those alone. I had the Pad Thai which is available with chicken or tofu. I had the chicken and it was a quite large portion. For dessert she had the fried doughboy and I had fried wonton wrappers filled with apple pie filling and served with ice cream. All very good. They also have dinner specials. When I heard they had been open a year I was sad we hadn't found them before. Will definitely come back!

1 Thank brad w

Kansas City, MO
“The food here was Very Good.”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and had wonderful dinner here. The menu had so many choices it was hard to decide and once we decided we both were thrilled with our choices.

The kitchen closed at 9:00 and we showed up around 8:45. There were others eating but we were the last to be seated. The staff seemed happy we came in even if it was close to the time they close the kitchen. The staff was attentive yet did not hover or give us the impression they wanted up to eat and leave.

When I'm back in the area I'll be sure to go back and try other dishes on the menu.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ajayhawkfan
Campton, New Hampshire
“Great little place”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I had dinner there after skiing at Sugarloaf, amazing. I had the mussels with rice noodles and turmeric, it was fantastic. She had a chicken dish that was also wonderful, and dessert was outrageous. LOL
We both highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
Woolwich, Maine
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Discovered this spot for brunch in feb ....awesome and homemade donuts are to die for. So we decided to try dinner

Food is excellent. Very varied menu something for everyone. Desserts r yummy also. Prices r extremely reasonable Very small , so make reservations if weekend. Only con is lighting could be improved at night for better ambiance. Service was very good also. Also water is served in plastic glasses , but wine in decent glasses ....odd

We will go back.

Visited March 2014
WALLACE
“Very good”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We enjoyed our recent meal at The Doors Bistro and will return! All good: friendly staff/owners, quaint décor and delicious meal! As a person with Celiac's Disease I especially appreciated their knowledge of gluten free options. Definitely worth the drive down from the mountain!

• Visited March 2014