2,309 results
All reviews portside lodge fairy garden breakfast buffet kids activities shuttle service view of the river free shuttle kennebunk river new england adirondack chairs lobster my husband and i carriage house gift shop overlooking the water main building third floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The Nonantum resort is a wonderful place to just relax and take in all that Maine by the coast has to offer. Very quiet, serene and a great place to get away with your wife and have a special time together
They have some evening wonderful specials in the dining restaurant and the food is great too.
Thank you Nonantum!!!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Hello Dale Richard:
Fall is indeed a fantastic time to get away to Kennebunkport! The foliage is breathtaking and the autumn decorations are just beautiful. In particular the Nonantum looks fantastic decorated for this special season of giving and sharing and each days sunset is prettier than the day before.
Our dining specials are very popular among locals and guests alike and our live entertainment in the lobby make The Nonantum the perfect place to relax and enjoy a cocktail from our fall menu.
Thanks so much for writing!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Again here when no water shuttles were running, but I tested out the walk into town and true enough, it only took 15 minutes and that was including a brief stop at the River Green Park.
I was in the right section of the hotel this time. I was in 316, which was directly across from an old service elevator, which I heard early in the morning. Had a writing desk, Keurig, bookshelves, long narrow closet with an iron/board and safe. The closet had a motion activated light. I had an angled view of the grounds and pool. The room was generally quiet. I kept the bathroom door almost completely closed during the night and when I opened the door in the morning, I could smell bacon and blueberry muffin aromas wafting up from the kitchen. Not such a bad way to start the day.
The waterfront behind the hotel is scenic - on the Kennebunk River. I saw all sorts of water birds and boats. The grounds were beautiful as well. I saw a group leaving on a lobster tour from the slips behind the hotel.
They have free wifi and in the lobby have one computer to check-in with the airlines, but I had to have the front desk actually print my boarding pass.
Be sure to notice the handpainted border in the main lobby. Only one has been retouched. The others are original to this historic hotel.

Room tip: The building to the left can have better water views. Balconies.

Hello JB:
Thanks for joining our repeat visitor club! We actually have more repeat visitors than new visitors!
When I arrive early in the morning I am also struck by the wonderful food scents wafting through the building. We make all of our own breads, desserts and pastries so we have that bakeshop feel almost all day every day. If you book directly with The Nonantum, you enjoy our wonderful breakfast for free! It is the perfect way to start the day!
We do have our own marina so boat tours including fishing trips, sailing trips and lobster boat tours leave directly from our docks.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Warmly,

Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful resort. Excellent dining. Would definitely stay here again . Scenery was outstanding. You can even take a lobster boat tour. We were on a Caravan tour but would stay here again on our own. Check it out.

Hello Other Jean:
We love our Caravan visitors! When I describe your schedule with us to my friends, they all say they want to take a Caravan tour too! And why wouldn't they? If you recall a visit to the Nonantum with Caravan looks like this:
You are dropped in beautiful downtown Kennebunkport to check out our unique boutiques, and then the bus drops your bags off at The Nonantum. We disperse your bags to your rooms while the bus goes and picks you up. Upon arrival you are treated to a cider and homemade cookies reception. After a short while to get settled, you head to our dining room for a lobster bake. We have live music in our lobby and many a member of the Caravan Tours have been known to dance between bites of their delicious lobster.
After dinner it is off to dreamland in our super comfortable beds. Following a wonderful nights sleep, our amazing buffet breakfast is served. And by 8am you are off to your next stop!
So much fun!
Many of our Caravan visitors return again. I hope that you can join that group!
All The Best,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband and I turned at reception without a prior booking mid week towards the end of September. We were offered a walk in rate for 2 nights B&B. Our room was in the main block with a view from one of the windows of the river. We didn’t use the car when we were there, as for us everything is walking distance. An interesting church and beach if you turn right, and the main town, monastery and bigger beach if you go left. The main town is a 10-15 minute walk. Lots of restaurants, shops and arts and crafts. Breakfast was lovely, but you must stay there for dinner, the food was absolutely amazing, the best I had in the 2 weeks spent in the states!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for two nights on a driving holiday around New England. This hotel was lovely the outside is very well presented and the reception was very cosy, the staff were very friendly. Our room faced the water and overlooked the lovely little lighthouse, what an amazing view. The room was lovely very homely with two double beds with cushions and throws and lots of lamps, the bathroom was spacious and everything was immaculately clean. Breakfast was very good with lovely views, there is also a small bar which serves food and a small gift shop. The hotel is well situated about 5 mins drive from the town but it is not far if you like a walk. I would definitely return to this hotel and hope to some day and would absolutely recommend it.

Room tip: Facing the waterfront