2,285 results
All reviews portside lodge fairy garden breakfast buffet kids activities view of the river shuttle service free shuttle kennebunk river new england adirondack chairs lobster my husband and i carriage house gift shop main building third floor the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

Just spent 2 nights at the Nonantum Resort. Our room was wonderful with a great view - we were in the Portside. The staff was helpful and friendly (the kitchen/dining room staff was especially accommodating). However, there were 3 weddings scheduled while we were there. On Friday the wedding in the banquet room was in full swing during dinner which made it very noisy. Saturdays wedding was in a tent on the back lawn. Hotel guests suffered through ear splitting music from 6 - 11 PM. Mercifully we left before Sundays wedding. I feel that we should have been told about the weddings when we made our reservation. Unfortunately this had a very negative impact on what was otherwise an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently attended a wedding located at the Nonantum and stayed three nights at the resort. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, and I had a great view. The included buffet breakfast was very good, with lots of options. Every employee I encountered was competent, friendly and polite.

My 3 criticisms are fairly minor in the scheme of things. 1) Wifi was intermittent and very slow so I mostly used my cell phone as a hot spot. 2) There was a semi-shag area rug in the bed area. A closely woven rug just feels cleaner to me in a hotel room. 3) I had a beautiful view with a large picture window, but the only window covering was an opaque shade. Additional sheer curtains would have been nice.

The Nonantum has some very pleasant spots in which to linger and have a snack or drink. The food in the bar was OK (lobster roll was good and maybe the best of the bunch). Bartender was great despite being busy.

The wedding, set on the grounds with a river view, was beautiful. The Nonantum is easy walking distance to quite a few shops, some with high quality and interesting goods and artwork. The Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge is a 10 minute drive and has a 1 mile walk with views of a salt marsh. The trail very well-groomed, easy, and suitable for all ages. All in all, the Nonantum is a wonderful place for a group event.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This place continues to be our favorite in Kennebunkport. Outstanding service, friendly staff, clean, great food and beverages, beautiful surroundings.
Many activities for adults and children at the resort. A very pleasant experience.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Mary:
Thank you for all the nice compliments. It is fantastic to hear that we are your favorite in Kennebunkport as there are a lot of really terrific places in our little town!
We continue to work very diligently on customer service and many of our best ideas come from our talented and dedicated staff. For example today Jesse the Dining Room Manager suggested that we purchase some small fold up step stools and have them in the bathrooms of families visiting us with children under 7. What an awesome idea! Brushing teeth for the small fry visiting The Nonantum will become a whole lot easier!
Hope to see you again soon!
Kind Regards,
Jean Ginn Marvin
Innkeeper

Reviewed 1 week ago

For the second consecutive year, my wife and I had brought our son the rest of school stuff. The Nonamtum is halfway home for us and makes a wonderful night away. Everybody is super polite. The rooms are nicely appointed with great views. The grounds are very well maintained. The bar staff make a terrific drink. The morning brunch is outstanding. The quality, presentation, and variety make it a special meal. I told my wife, “staying at Nonamtum makes me feel good about myself”. At checkout, we booked our night back from October’s family weekend.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 week ago

This place has everything, very family friendly or great for romantic getaways. Great food pool bar (till Labor Day) Heckman Pub Great Lobster roll (house made buns) or 95 Ocean great food,great service. Staff very friendly always there to help if needed. They make you feel like family. Shuttle is just a phone call away to take you to town or local beach. We always have a great time,can’t wait to go back

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John:
We can't wait to have you back to visit again!
Our lobster roll is a fan favorite. Lobsters are delivered from Port Lobster (just a half a block down Ocean Avenue!) and the fresh meat is mixed with just a tiny amount of house made mayonnaise and placed on a butter grilled roll made in house each day. The taste is simply amazing! Easily the best in town!
Our friendly staff is the icing on the cake as they are always ready to assist in any way!
Thanks so much for writing!
Jean Ginn Marvin