2,194 results
All reviews portside lodge fairy garden breakfast buffet kids activities view of the river shuttle service free shuttle kennebunk river new england adirondack chairs lobster my husband and i carriage house gift shop main building overlooking the water corner room
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose Nonantum for a wedding weekend that was close to the resort where the wedding took place and wasn’t going to break the bank. Nonantum is not a fancy hotel, but it has decent amenities and a nice view of the shore. Room was clean and simple, had a fridge and microwave and the other amenities you would expect; iron, hair dryer, etc. My only issue was with the bed itself; I have back issues and the bed was too firm. I get that many hotels choose firmer mattresses because they last longer, but I find myself wishing the option of a memory foam pad was available at hotels. The other issue was a lack of parking space, but there was a wedding going on at the resort itself, so it was pretty packed. Wound up parking on the grass. It’s a pretty decent walk to the town center and shops, so you may want to drive to town and park in the town lot. On the whole, not a bad choice for a budget weekend in Maine.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 1 week ago

Great place for a relaxing stop. Just sit on lawn and watch the tide and boats go by.
Family style service with very hospitable and friendly staff. We arrived very late after a long journey and the kitchen was closed - but the staff kindly fixed us some hot food.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I stayed there while I did a Photography workshop covering several towns and sites in Maine. It was comfortable and she enjoyed kayaking while I was busy. Beautiful setting, friendly people, great food!

Date of stay: June 2019
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

There are so many beautiful places in Southern Maine that I bet your photography workshop was truly delightful! It is a rare day that I do not take at least one photograph myself!
Kayaking at The Nonantum is a real treat as we have a staff member bring your kayak to our dock and steady it while you climb in. When you return you simply leave it at the dock. We have a beautiful salt water river with tides that affords many opportunities for exploring. No dragging your kayak across a parking lot or trying to hoist it on a car roof! Kayaking - the way it was meant to be!
Please come back and see us again soon! There are many more opportunities for gorgeous photos!
All The Best,

Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband & I spent the week of the 4th of July at the Nonantum in Kennebunkport, Maine. We had a fabulous time! The resort is immaculate, the employees are the hardest working and friendliest group of anyplace you will ever stay. This alone creates an atmosphere of joy & happiness. You can't help but feel like family and it's a wonderful feeling. Add to this the beautiful gardens, the outstanding brunch buffet each morning, the comfortable, cozy rooms, heated pool with poolside service and kayaking from the back dock.The distance walking into the town is just right, but nice to have the shuttle as well. This is truly a vacation that is hard to beat. Always so sad to leave, but we'll be back! Thank you Nonantum for another wonderful week.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for noticing that our employees are the hardiest working and friendliest group of folks you will ever meet. I feel so fortunate that we have the best of the best on our team! They really are amazing!
Our gardens seem to get even more beautiful each and every day. The young ladies that tend to them have such great ideas! Every year is different and even more beautiful than the last.
Our atmosphere of joy and happiness makes it a pleasure to come to work each day as not only do we have the best staff, but we have the best customers as well!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent for our first family vacation with our 8 month old. When he went to bed, we enjoyed the beautiful views from our balcony. Hotel is a convenient location and very family friendly. I look forward to coming back when our son is old enough to participate in the kids' activities.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Day Tripper:
How exciting that The Nonantum Resort gets to be the first vacation spot of your family! Hopefully this will be the first of a lifetime of memories we will make with you!
Our kids program is legendary and before you know it your son will be participating in activities such as crabbing, singing around the camp fire, and Kids Club (where kids have dinner from our really cool children's buffet and then play themed games with our crackerjack staff from Activities while Mom and Dad are treated to a night of adult dinner - win/win!)
Thanks so much for writing! Hope to see you again soon!