2,090 results
All reviews portside lodge fairy garden breakfast buffet kids activities view of the river kennebunk river free shuttle new england shuttle service adirondack chairs lobster boats my husband and i carriage house pineapple gift shop main building corner room
Reviewed December 4, 2018

Nonantum is the perfect location for a getaway or family vacation. Right in the heart of things with shuttle transportation and the beautiful river and ocean views. Accommodations are very clean and comfortable with excellent guest service. We would highly recommend!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2018

Hello Michelle:
Thanks so much for your very nice comments. Our location is less than a mile from the busy downtown area and it is a beautiful walk right along the river with many beautiful boats to drool over. If you are not a walker (or you are downtown and have lots of packages!) our complimentary on call shuttle can pick you up (or of course drop you off) all day and night.
Guest service is our number two priority (after safety - if you are not safe it really doesn't matter how nice the room is and for that reason our entire staff is trained in First Aid and CPR and we have several folks from the medical profession who work here) We love making dreams come true so please come back and see us again soon!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2018

Went for prelude weekend, it’s pretty organized considering they served over 500 for breakfast with Mrs Claus, nice view of river, the prices go up considerably for that weekend though, almost double .The staff are all friendly , cheerful, they have hot chicolate and cookies out in the lobby, only complaint walks are paper thin, you can hear other guests and if u are on second floor u can hear people right above you, overall nice stay.A shout out to our server on the buffet breakfast on Monday morning, didn’t get his name but he was outstanding

Date of stay: December 2018

Hi Kathy:
Prelude weekend is a bit crazy but for sure that is part of the fun! Prelude actually lasts for 12 days so if you are looking for a more inexpensive option why not consider coming during the week? The town is still all decked out, there is great shopping, and there are lots of fun activities going on!
I am guessing your breakfast server was Jesse, our Dining Room Manager. Jesse is a hospitality ace and always goes above and beyond to make sure our guests have a wonderful time!
Please come back and see us again soon!
Hohoho,

Reviewed December 3, 2018

We stayed here for Prelude Weekend activities in December, and were really struck by the friendliness of the staff. In particular, the care they took with our small children. Greatly appreciated. Perfect location as it was a 15 minute walk to port or there was a free shuttle at your disposal.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2018

We love kids at the Nonantum! If your kids enjoyed their visit in the winter, they will love it in the summer when we have a Kids Activities Program with things to do day and night! Campfires, movies on the lawn, games, arts and crafts and loads of other amazing choices. Many families meet up year after year same time, same place.
Our friendly staff takes care of any issues that arise so your vacation truly is a vacation for everyone!
Please come back and see us again soon!
All The Best,

Reviewed December 3, 2018

I booked 3 rooms for Kennebunkport Prelude and I know most hotels will not guarantee all 3 rooms to be near one another, and that it is not always possible to accommodate this, but my daughters were clear at the opposite end of the hotel from me. Same floor but on the other side altogether which was a bummer. Not a deal breaker but it would have been nice to be near each other. I would say that the hotel shines for it's customer service. From the moment I interacted with the booking staff til the moment we checked out, all hands were on deck. This property knows how to manage their staff well because they all appear happy and at your service. The included breakfast buffet was sufficient and well managed. No omelettes or eggs to order but that may have been because it was prelude weekend with too many people to offer that for, not sure. I was a bit disappointed in our room because I learned that I paid the same price (because it had a water view) for my 3 rooms on the 3rd floor that had a queen bed, as others who had sliding glass doors and balcony and either king or double beds on the 1st and 2nd floor. I think the 3rd floor rooms should be less due to the lacking balcony!!! Room was a bit dated and could use a few updates which would be easy to do. Bathroom was very small but one nice feature was the small electric "woodstove" that had a remote control to use from bed. We also appreciated the small college size refrigerator and keurig coffeemaker. The shuttle to downtown was a big help for our tired feet and the drivers were lovely!!! Our family dined at the restaurant on Friday night and I wasn't happy with the food. Not my choice of restaurants. The piece of salmon I had was tasty but the friend rice appetizer and pad thai under the salmon was very oily for some reason. Never had rice or noodles that oily before. Overall I would say the value of the hotel itself is very good but be a wise consumer and ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room if you are in the portside building because if you get put up on the 3rd floor, you will be paying the same price for a queen bed with NO balcony which I think is unfair. Their pricing is based on it being a "water view" and if I can't have a balcony like the others do, I should get a lower price so I can actually enjoy that water view. The hotel can be a bit noisy, not well insulated or something, however they do provide earplugs which is a nice touch. This is a good hotel for families, but the pool looks small.

Hello Izzy:
Thanks for writing! It sounds like you and your family had a great visit to Prelude in Kennebunkport! Our waterview rooms are super popular as everyone loves watching the boat traffic in the harbor.
As far as pricing on rooms go, the third floor is actually our most popular rooms, particularly in December when you were visiting. Since they are the top floor, they enjoy the best views and of course are the quietest as no one is above you. They also have the little fireplaces which give the rooms such a cozy feel in the winter.
Please come back and see us next year. If a balcony is important to you make sure you let your reservationists know. While we cannot make any guarantees, we do our very best to place our guests in their favorite spots. Ironically many of our guests have in mind that they want to stay where they have stayed before yet when that area in unavailable they find a new favorite! So many nice choices!
Hope to see you again soon!
Warmly,

Reviewed December 3, 2018

We've now stayed with the Nonantum twice and both times the attention to detail and service were exceptional. We stayed with our child both times and everyone went out of their way to be sure he felt welcome as well as us. It's a wonderful family resort!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

Thanks for writing Katrina:
We absolutely are a family resort (except for the weekend of Fire and Ice when it is strictly a 21+ event) that prides itself on our treatment of our littlest guests. I am not sure when you visited but if it was not in July or August I would highly recommend you bring your child to see us during those months as our kids program is what dreams are made of! (for both the parent and the child!) As one of my friends who stayed here with a young child pointed out each morning she had time to read by the pool, her husband caught up some work emails and then had a run and their daughter played with kids her own age (and had a few tears when the family wanted to do lunch and an activity in the afternoon!) Another guest favorite is our themed nights where kids enjoy a 2 hour fun packed session that includes dinner while parents enjoy a two glorious hours of date night! Score!
We also have opportunities for families to do activities together. (campfire singalong or movie under the stars anyone?)
We look forward to your next visit!
Kind Regards,