1,995 results
All reviewsportside lodgefairy gardenlobster boat tourkids activitiesbreakfast buffetview of the riverkennebunk riverfree shuttlenew englandnewer buildingshuttle servicemy husband and iadirondack chairscarriage housepineapplemain buildingcorner room
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Unfortunately we only stayed one night at the Nonantum Resort. Kennebunkport is a charming town. Our room was full of character, as were all of the public spaces in the hotel. It had a comfortable bed and great shower. Breakfast was very good, but the real highlight of our stay was the friendly efficient service provided by all of the hotel staff that we encountered. I would go as far as saying that it is the best service that I have ever received in a hotel, bid or small! Well done to everyone involved.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi Steve:
What a lovely review! Thank you very much!
Our team has worked very hard to create an ambiance where people can come and unwind and enjoy all that Maine has to offer!
Your remark regarding the "friendly, efficient service" is much appreciated!
And I absolutely agree that our service is the very best you can find. Completely the best!
Please come and see us again soon!
Warmly,

Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon arrival I was greeted by a staff member, named Guy . He helped me with my bags and questions I had regarding my stay. My son was getting married at the resort the coming weekend . He made himself available to my family and friends with helpful suggestions from housekeeping to the shuttle down town ! Every staff member on site was friendly and professional . Food and service outstanding !

Room Tip: For a few more dollars upgrade to the port side/ balcony overlooking water !
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank suesends56

Congratulations on your sons wedding! Thank you so much for allowing the Nonantum to be a part of this very important celebration!
Guy is an amazing person. While his official job description is Maintenance, he embodies the Nonantum motto of "Whatever It Takes!! On a given day you might see him parking cars, painting, running a room service order up to a room, or making sure the Front Porch is swept just right before the bride has her photos done. Truly a renaissance man!
Please come back again and enjoy our wonderful food and service!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Spent time here again this summer. The out door area is beautiful, clean, many activities for the children to do. The staff is friendly and very efficient, pool area is a bit small but nice. Restaurant by the pool has a limited menu but good. Very good lobster roll at reasonable price.
The main restaurant is excellent. Loved the piano playing too. Very nice place. Our entire group was happy.
Will return.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank 270MaryA

Hi Mary!
We will look forward to your return!
Many think we have the best lobster roll in town (and of course I have to agree!) The secret is the roll part. They are made in house by our awesome Baker Amanda. She is so talented!
Our kids program allows the entire family to be on vacation at once so we have a lot of multi generational groups!
The lobby entertainment gives the hotel a vibe of relaxation and many folks come in each night of their stay for a nightcap or dessert while enjoying our very talented musicians.
Thanks for writing,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The good parts first, house keeping is excellent, the grounds are excellent particularly the flower beds. Shuttle drivers are a credit to the resort. Now turning to the parts that need attention, the bedroom (301) was dated and needs refreshing, the bedroom door had a quarter inch gap most of the way round letting light in, the quality of the breakfast was poor and price was extortionate. After being a guests for 5 nights we returned to the hotel after a day out to be met by a surly car park attendant who told us the park was full and we would have to find space on waste land opposite the hotel. This gentlemans manner and demeanor was offensive and off hand. Finally the front desk, on checking out the receptionist enquired about our stay, I responded with what I have written here. Her view was the parking attendant was highly thought of, with regard to the other points her response was thanks for sharing that with us. Really what is the point of providing feedback?

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi Robert:
It is delightful to hear that you enjoyed our housekeeping, grounds and shuttle drivers. They all work extremely hard to make sure every guest stay is special.
It sounds like you perhaps were expecting something different than our every room unique décor. As the building was built in 1883 there are no square edges so some doors do have areas that a small stream of light can sneak through. I am so sorry that was upsetting to you. I also apologize someone on our staff spoke to you in a surly fashion. Certainly not acceptable Nonantum conduct!
Please let me assure you that we do appreciate your feedback and take very seriously your comments.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My wife and I decided to spend the night after dropping off more of our son’s stuff at Colby. We called places in Kennebunkport and the Nonantum had a vacancy. We had a queen suite which was nicely appointed and very comfortable with a nice view of the grounds and river. We enjoyed house cocktails in the late afternoon and returned for dessert in the early evening. My wife enjoyed the blueberry lemon mojito and I had the Mancha mule..The drinks were well made and very tasty. The coconut dessert and blueberry cheesecake were both very good. The next morning we were most impressed with the breakfast buffet with omelet station. The quality and selection of everything was exceptional.. All of the staff were most pleasant.. Hoping to spend another night at the tail end of Colby’s parent weekend.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi John:
What a great family tradition! Dropping our kids off at college can be kind of a bittersweet time so I congratulate you for having the foresight to pair this with something really fun! Our son went to Colby as well and if your boy is half as happy as our boy was, it will be a very successful experience!
The blueberry lemon mojito is one of my favorites as well! We have new fall drink and dessert menus so when you come back for Parent's Weekend I think you will love the new options! See you then!
All The Best,