1,998 results
All reviewsportside lodgefairy gardenlobster boat tourkids activitiesbreakfast buffetview of the riverkennebunk riverfree shuttlenew englandnewer buildingshuttle servicemy husband and iadirondack chairscarriage housepineapplemain buildingcorner room
Reviewed November 27, 2017

The customer service at this lovely inn is simply phenomenal. Beautifully situated in charming Kennebunkport, this establishment has been providing outstanding service since 1883. Timothy Ames, Director of Sales, is effective, efficient and cordial with the planning of special events. The banquet service is highly organized. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Our complete obsession to customer service is what sets us apart from the many other lovely places in the area. Each of our staff members is required to attend Nonantum University and that level of training is in large part responsible for our being named one of the Best Places To Work in Maine for the past three years in a row! We are the only hospitality company that was named to the list!
Timothy Ames has worked here in excess of 25 years and he is the undisputed king of event planning in Maine. His professional, energetic commitment to details leads to rave reviews of events he is associated with. Many groups do multiple events with us each year as they know with Tim running the show everything will be taken care of and they can relax and enjoy their time at The Nonantum Resort!
Please come back and see us again soon!
All The Best,

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

This is my 5th time staying at the Nonantum Resort. This place has beautiful views from the property and the room. We have always enjoyed the breakfast. The inn has a very Hallmark movie feel to it. The room has always had everything that you need in a hotel room. I would strongly recommend this place. There are plenty of local restaurants to choose from. We enjoy going to Allison’s and Federal Jack’s for dinner.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words! I love the idea that we have "a very Hallmark movie feel". That is such a wonderful way to describe the vibe we have here at The Nonantum (especially at Christmas time!)
There are many wonderful restaurants in Kennebunkport (including our own!) and it is always fun to try something new and different.
Thanks so much for your ongoing support!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2017

This was the end of our stay in Maine...we had been to three other locations all were really nice. We were so looking forward to our final destination. The outside of the hotel is really cute...but the rooms are so outdated, so dirty and run down. Yuk! We were traveling with my mom who is 93...everywhere we went I had two musts. An elevator and a walk in shower. I was emphatic about both. I actually talked to the reservation staff twice regarding this...all the other hotels accommodated us. We got into that dirty room only to find a tub/shower situation. I called the front desk they said that is all they had - they were booked. Then why did I put a deposit down or maybe even paid in advance... can't remember for a walk in shower. That meant my sister and I had to climb in the shower with my mother to get her in over the tub...So humiliating for her. When I called the front desk again (no one returned my call the first time) the manager really didn't seem to care. He told me to be quiet so he could explain things....That no where was there any mention of a walk in shower just a balcony. So that is my fault that their people didn't specify that? Bull. The man needs to get schooled in how to handle an upset customer. Needless to say the place is dirty, very outdated and the night manager very rude. I will say the breakfast staff was wonderful and the breakfast very good. I wouldn't step place in the two rooms we had ever!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank dudett60

Hello!
I am so very sorry to hear your visit to The Nonantum wasn't all it could have been.
I was in the office the evening you checked in and not surprisingly, I have a very different recollection of the facts. I can assure you that we care very much about our guests and the gentleman you spoke with was very upset about the manner in which you chose to share your dissatisfaction.
Be that as it may, I never want a guest to be disappointed and I apologize you did not have a relaxing stay.
Most Sincerely,

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Room 251 was a wonderful room with great view. We loved it. We also enjoyed the fact that the resort was very close to shops and other needed stores. We also loved that it had a gas stove, which we used since we were there for a very cold weekend. The breakfast was good as well. Lots of choices though some of the dishes that were suppose to be hot were cold. Everyone who worked there were extremely pleasant and helpful. I had lost an ear ring and alerted the cleaner of our room to keep an eye out for it. She did and found it for me. Was very grateful. The price was great being off season. Probably to high priced in season so would not be able to stay there in summer. We will come back again and ask for same room, off season.

Room Tip: 251 sunny and quiet, overlooking the river, on very end which made it quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Hello There!
It is great to hear we exceeded your expectations! .The views here are spectacular no matter what the season!
Our Housekeepers are the best and I am not at all surprised to hear they found your lost earring. It is very challenging to keep a place this big spanking clean but they sure make it look easy!
As you very correctly point out, there are some great deals to be had in November! I will let you in on a little secret - May has some great rates too and the flowers are just starting to come alive and the property looks just magical every spring! Hope you can come back then!
All The Best!

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

It is hard to write a review without sounding too over the top when you love a place so much.
This resort is beautiful, friendly, lovely rooms, wonderful staff and if you manage to get a view of the water then you will love it.
The free shuttle into town is worth its weight in gold and the in town trolley stopping here is well worth doing.
You won’t go far wrong staying here. The breakfast is brilliant and sitting on the veranda is the perfect way to spend the afternoons.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Hello Carol:
What a sweet title! Thank you so very much!
The views here are so special no matter the season. As I walk around the property each day I think about how fortunate I am to come to work here. Our great customers like yourself are a major reason why! I have the opportunity to meet people from literally all over the world and their stories are completely fascinating to me.
It is terrific to learn how helpful our shuttle is to you. The shuttle continues to be super popular and I can see why. No more trying to find a parking spot or worrying about directions! Total relaxation. That is what vacation should be like!
Thanks again for writing! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Warmly,