Lodge at Turbat's Creek(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$205
$169
Ocean Woods Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$228
The Breakwater Inn and Spa(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$409
$469
Yachtsman Hotel & Marina Club(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$499
Rhumb Line Resort(Kennebunkport)
$199
The Tides Beach Club(Kennebunkport)
$599
The Lodge on the Cove(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$399
Colony Hotel(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$319
1,949 results
All reviewsportside lodgefairy gardenlobster boat tourkids activitiesbreakfast buffetview of the riverkennebunk rivernew englandfree shuttlenewer buildingadirondack chairsmy husband and ishuttle servicepineapplecarriage housemain buildingcorner room
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend the Nonantum. We got married here and it was truly spectacular. The staff was super friendly. There is a great feeling the moment you step through the front door.

In addition to our wedding we stayed some extra nights. There were family activities such as a treasure hunt and s'mores around the camp fire. Morning yoga on the weekends and tea tasting. There's something for everyone.

The food is delicious. Breakfast is include in your stay and above and beyond. Everyday it's a little different. Maine blueberry French toast one day and an omelette bar the next day. I've never raved about hot dogs before (and I live in the hot dog capitol; Chicago) but the hot dogs by the pool were delicious. I believe they make their own rolls.

We can't wait to come back. And plan on staying at least once a year.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Congratulations on your recent wedding! Such an exciting time watching two families join together! We feel honored to have been part of your special day!
I am thrilled to hear you had such a great feeling when you arrived. It certainly is a goal of ours to make sure all of our guests feel a part of The Nonantum Family. While our beautiful facility and location certainly help with that feeling, it is our staff that sends out welcoming vibes to all and create a level of hospitality that is second to none.
Breakfast remains a super positive part of our days and right now we have lots of blueberry and apple goodies being served. Delicious!
Our hot dog rolls are off the chart fantastic. They are house made and everyone loves them. We also use those rolls for our Best Lobster Roll You Have Ever Had! Crazy good!
It will be great to see you in the years that follow! Please stay in touch!

Reviewed September 12, 2017

We have walked by the Nonantum Resort many times while walking in Kennebunkport so we decided to give it a try this year. We were happy with our room which provided a balcony overlooking the River. Bathroom could use an update since furniture was a bit banged up and tub was not very inviting. Staff was very helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to help us with everything. The location cannot be beat. We walked to restaurants and other shops without ever needing our car. Breakfast was good although I gave up on the scrambled eggs which were always cold (buffet) and thought the offerings were pretty basic. All in all a good stay and we would come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony offer the best indoor outdoor experience.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Our waterfront location is hard to beat with our beautiful views. There are a huge number of Adirondack chairs outside along the water and the number one visitor activity is watching the gorgeous boats float by. With the fantastic end of summer weather we enjoy here in Maine it just is hard to leave this spot!
However if you do decide to head downtown it is only a hop, skip and a jump (7/10 mile to the center of town) and it is a pretty walk along the water. If you are not a walker our complimentary shuttle will drive you anywhere you want to go for free (or pick you up if after a lazy evening of delicious food and beverage you decide you would like a lift home!)
Thanks so much for writing! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2017

My husband and I arrived late in the day, we were located in a "house room". It was small with one bed. The next morning, my husband had a terrible back ache and asked if they could switch our room. They were very accommodating and relocated us in a room with two beds, for the same price as the single. My husband slept well for the rest of the week. We had a complimentary breakfast each morning that was very good.
On Friday my husband went out on a charter boat and I asked for a shuttle ride, which the hotel provides for free, this particular day the driver was Ben. Ben shuttled me to a quilt shop, that I had a very disappointing visit, I was there for a short time before I had to call Ben to pick me up. He was there in 5 minutes and I told him of my disappointing experience and he suggested that I visit town. He gave me new directions and I had a very happy shopping experience. I called him to pick me up and again Ben came within 5 minutes. He shuttled me home and later on he shuttled my husband and I out to dinner, then picked us up within 5 minutes of calling him. Ben was a great guy, who not only shuttled us but helped my husband with the AC in the room. Not to say that the other employees weren't great they were, they all made sure we were taken care of. We used the room service most nights, no long waits. They have a beautiful gift shop. Our overall stay was great! Thanks again Ben, for saving me and for finding my husbands phone and my purchases, I left behind.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Mainah3, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

"A Great Experience" - That is what we like to hear!
Ben is an amazing young man and we are proud to have him as a member of Team Nonantum. As he may of told you, he is studying to be an eye doctor and currently makes our community a better place to be by serving as a volunteer fireman. He grew up in town and has a great knowledge of places to go and things to do so he is the perfect person to drive our busy shuttle!
Our gift shop is a very popular place here at The Nonantum. It is a rare day that someone on staff isn't wearing either an outfit, some jewelry they got in the gift shop or both!
Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Stayed here with our 12 year old son based on the positive reviews. Very nice facilities, with very friendly and helpful staff (especially Colby, who seemed to be everywhere, doing every job), large, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and lots of activities. Place seems to cater to families with small children, with games, music, and marshmallow roasts every day. Can also rent kayak's (make sure to ask about the tides, which can vary as much as 10 feet and make a big difference with access to waterways), paddleboards. Best part was the daily crab trapping off the docks (catch and release), where we caught from 20-70 crabs over 30 minutes depending on the tide. There were also manager receptions for adults with snacks and a drink - managers did a good job of mingling with visitors, both new and repeat. Overall very good - would go back!

Room Tip: Portside lodge room, first floor rooms had porches facing river - beatiful
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Crab traps off the dock and a 12 year old boy - how can you miss?
Summer time is family time at The Nonantum and we do cater to our little friends. Lots of fun in the sun at our Activities Tent. Luckily for adults we do offer some fun evening activities that allow parents to have a nice night out while kids are having the time of their lives (Princess and Pirate night anyone?)
Colby is a legend here at The Nonantum. He came to work here as a young teen and through the years has done many different jobs. In his other life he is a musician so he tours all winter in the warmer climates. Come summer he heads back to the Nonantum where he sings at campfires, drives the shuttle, checks people in, answers the phone and occasionally acts as a bellman. It is fantastic to have someone as multi talented as he is working with us!
Please come back and see Colby (and us too!) very soon!
We will look forward to seeing you then!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2017

We stayed in the addition that is down on the grass. Ground floor allowed us to walk out of our glass door. Room was great. Having said that, the bathroom is T I N Y! If you splash water on the counter the toilet paper roll will be ruined. You must close the door to shave at the sink. The space is that tight. Our fridge had delightful free welcoming cheese appetizers. The bed is good. And the staff at the hotel is fantastic; they are helpful, knowledgable and friendly, from the Front Desk staff to the restaurant and bar staff. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The area by the river with its' large parking lot and lovely conversation area at the entrance with snack machines and free coffee.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank mrsmoo1950

Our Portside rooms that allow folks to just slip outside are very popular all summer long. To be able to sit in a chair on your own patio, or to amble across the lawn to relax in an Adirondack are both great options for people and boat watching!
Our staff continues to dazzle our guests. They truly are helpful, knowledgeable and friendly and are always willing to do their very best to meet any guest request.
Thanks so much for taking the time to write!