We stayed for 2 nights at the Nonantum in early September 2005 and thoroughly enjoyed our visit.
We had a second floor room in the Portside lodge, which had a fantastic view over the river and ocean beyond through its huge picture window. The room had a kitchenette which we didn't need, but I can imagine this would be very useful for a lengthier stay. The room was spacious enough with a comfy king bed and lovely armchair to sit and watch the view from. The bathroom was small but adequate with a good selection of toiletries.
We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant on our first night and the food was pretty good. The live band (Don Cambell Trio, every Monday) was excellent covering a wide range of well known tunes as well as some of their own songs and they talked to and involved the audience a lot, so there was a great atmosphere.
Next morning we jumped on the trolley bus which stopped outside the hotel for a tour of the area - we wish we had jumped off and explored the monastery, but we only had a day so were keen to see everything. That night we strolled into town (10 mins walk) for dinner and drinks.
Overall, we found the staff very friendly, the room was good (and the communual areas in the Portside lodge were lovely) but it was the view over the river and the band in the restaurant which are our most enduring memories of our stay. Would definitely return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport