“Yes, I would definately....”
Review of Nonantum Resort

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Go back again! I must say I was a little worried since we'd never been there and didn't know anyone who had gone either. The Nonantum is smack in the middle of everything. The hotel was very charming with nice gardens and clean grounds. The staff was very accomidating to your needs. They offered a breakfast with your stay and it was a lovely buffet. Our room was in the portside lodge on the top floor. The room was very clean, a/c worked great and tub was awesome too. There are so many places to eat up there but we did eat in the hotel one night and it was delicious and portions were generous. We will definately go back with the family!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Nonantum Resort

Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed for 3 nights having just come from Bar Harbor. Found experience to be less than expected and not as nice as Bar Harbor. Hotel is overpriced. Stayed in Portside Lodge in a recently renovated room - nice with hardwood floors. But room had only shades, no curtains. Nice glow shone in all night and bright as a light bulb in morning. The mattress was uncomfortable. They need to purchase new mattrresses. First night, fought with sheet to stay tucked around mattress. For $400 a night, I expected a better, more comfortage bed. Have paid far less in other hotels for a more comfortable sleep. Bathroom is small, but was clean.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank LJones48
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Just wanted to write and tell everyone of the wonderful experience we had at this resort.
We stayed there with there 5 night package....which includes buffet breakfast every morning and 2 dinners, a pool lunch a trolly ride and other discount coupons. We actually have stayed there many times before but this time I felt a need to rave about the staff and place itself. Starting with the rooms which were spotless thanks to our housekeeper Corine she always had a smile on her face and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed :). We stayed at the Portside which has the best view of the river. The wait staff at the Pub , breakfast and dinner were awesome!!!
And the dinner was one of our best meals from apps to the dinner itself!!! Really great quality. The nigt we were there they had a pasta station and everything was prepared fresh in front of you. My husband enjoyed the shrimp cokcktail and the lobster cakes!
They also had entertainment playing at dinner which was Tony and his band...very enjoyable indeed!!! Honestly, we couldn't find 1 thing wrong and we also had a week with great weather to boot!!!! Thanks again, Nonantum for a great time see ya next year!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wpunch
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This was a nice enough hotel/inn (not really a resort), rooms very clean and decent sized if a little old fashioned, breakfast decent, staff friendly though overall it was a bit expensive. 15 minute walk into Kennebunkport for nice shops and a couple of restaurants (nothing near hotel). Nice 20 minute walk to Walkers Point. Weather not good so didn't use small pool by river but looked nice and clean.

2  Thank EdBear
Reviewed July 9, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Nontantum during the last half of June and had an awesome experience. We were booked on the third floor of the portside building with an awesome view of the river. The staff always had a smile on their face and was very helpful. We also met the General Manager Tina and the Innkeeper. We were very impressed by how accessible not only the staff was, but also the management. For those who complained in previous post I have little sympathy for you knowing how easily any "real" issues could have been remedied considering how much contact we had with senior staff. My wife and I took the kayaks out, they ask that you stay on the river for your safety, which is fine considering there is more than enough to see on the river, and I truly believe venturing out to the ocean would pose a hazard to oneself. That was not our only aquatic adventure we went out on the Pineapple Ketch with Captain John Martin. The Pineapple ketch is an extremely charming sailboat that is docked at the Nonantum. The crew was friendly, informative, and very accommodating when my wife became seasick. Last, but certainly not least we ate at the Nonantum restaurant 95 Ocean. The food was some of the best food we have had during our many trips to New England. We had a Shrimp Cocktail with huge shrimp and tangy cocktail sauce, and the sweet and smoky topaz for appetizers. I had the Lobster Cakes which had plentiful amounts of fresh lobster meat, perfect texture, and a hint of lemon. My wife had the Haddock and ate it all, which is a good sign considering she is one of the pickiest eaters I have ever met. We finished it off with a three layer cheesecake. As I mentioned earlier we met the GM and Innkeeper, I should also mention that the Executive Chef was running the dining room floor that night and came over to our table and helped us pick our meals. I have been to 100's of restaurants from Florida to L.A, but never have had such an awesome experience. I don't want to sound like am gushing, but I really feel it's necessary to shed some light on this hotel given some of the negative comments I just read, by the way both buildings have an elevator from what we could tell. We will certainly be back next year. Our only complaint: the rain, my god the weather in Maine sometimes. A piece of local culture if you like an amazing Maine treat grab a whoopie pie at a local store, they're high calorie, but well worth it. Also the best deal on lobster rolls is port lobster, don't be fooled by all the signs for award winning lobster rolls, a lobster roll is just lobster, mayo, and a roll so save yourself some money, because KBP can be expensive.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in Jun with my wife. We enjoyed our stay there. I've decided to write this review after staying at another hotel in Kennebunkport (located next to this hotel) and finding out that the other hotel offered poor service. In my opinion, this hotel is by far superior to the dog hotel. We loved the Kayak rentals from their marina, the free WiFi, and the spectacular restaurant. The rooms are right on the water -no street to cross. We had quite a wonderful stay.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

We couldn't have been happier. We stayed at the Resort to attend a wedding. Not only was the staff on its toes at all hours, they were very well trained and very pleasant. We were up at 4:00 a.m. (naturally) and there were staff already buzzing around, getting ready for the day.
Although we had no children with us, we all talked about what a wonderful place it would be to have a reunion. It seemed the only time you saw the children was a meal time, because the staff had them entertained all day.
With the exception of the "spooky" elevator, there's nothing negative to say at all about the Nonantum. We'll surely be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank auntiemeanie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Tides Beach Club
#5 of 6 in Kennebunkport
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#14 of 25 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!