Stayed for 2 nights (Thurs and Fri in late June) and we almost booked a different hotel for night two because night one was so unpleasant. Well, we didn't, and night 2 was the WORST. First let me say the good things:
1. Location for Kennebunport was good. Near a river, good views.
2. Rooms were decent sized, lobby was nice
Now the bad:
1. Run down stair wells were scary...no elevator
2. Room had white curtains with no shades. The whole night had glowing in the room because one window faced the parking lot lights. We had to try and hang towels and tee shirts to stop light from coming into the room
3. A/C was broken and very loud. Had to turn it off and ended up sweating.
4. Restaurant was WAY overpriced for the 'quality'
5. Swimming pool was the size of a hottub
Not worth more than $100 a night MAX
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport