We spent two nights at the Nonantum Inn in Kennebunkport. We stayed the first night in room 254 and the second night in room 252. Both rooms were very clean and well decorated. There was a keurig coffee maker with coffee & tea pods provided, as well as a mini-fridge and microwave. The floors are very pretty wood. We had some noise from the hotel guest above us who was apparently very large & inconsiderate, as they stomped on the floor with every step they took.
We found the staff to be very helpful and very friendly and accommodating. Definitely one of the best hotel staff's we have encountered in our travels.
A full breakfast was included in our stay and both mornings the food was well prepared and the wait staff was very efficient. There was a huge selection as well, from yogurts & cereals to pancakes, muffins, bacon, sausage, potatoes and 2 varieties of scrambled eggs.
We enjoyed the outdoor areas and will recommend this location for a family vacation. Because this is a family resort, there are lots of children and consequently a lot of kid noise. We have grandchildren so it didn't bother us, but you should just be aware. This may change after the school year begins.
We did not eat in the restaurant or pub, but I would imagine it is the same high quality as the rest of the resort. Don't forget to stop in the gift shop. It was very reasonably priced and I purchased a dress and some jewelry.
We highly recommend the lobster trapping tour that leaves from the hotel's boat dock. Very interesting and informative, and it did not take up a huge chunk of your day.
We would recommend and return to Nonantum Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Otel, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport