“Great Family Location” 4 of 5 stars

You added Nonantum Resort to your Saves list
Nonantum Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   95 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME 04046   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Indiana
“Great Family Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We spent two nights at the Nonantum Inn in Kennebunkport. We stayed the first night in room 254 and the second night in room 252. Both rooms were very clean and well decorated. There was a keurig coffee maker with coffee & tea pods provided, as well as a mini-fridge and microwave. The floors are very pretty wood. We had some noise from the hotel guest above us who was apparently very large & inconsiderate, as they stomped on the floor with every step they took.

We found the staff to be very helpful and very friendly and accommodating. Definitely one of the best hotel staff's we have encountered in our travels.

A full breakfast was included in our stay and both mornings the food was well prepared and the wait staff was very efficient. There was a huge selection as well, from yogurts & cereals to pancakes, muffins, bacon, sausage, potatoes and 2 varieties of scrambled eggs.

We enjoyed the outdoor areas and will recommend this location for a family vacation. Because this is a family resort, there are lots of children and consequently a lot of kid noise. We have grandchildren so it didn't bother us, but you should just be aware. This may change after the school year begins.

We did not eat in the restaurant or pub, but I would imagine it is the same high quality as the rest of the resort. Don't forget to stop in the gift shop. It was very reasonably priced and I purchased a dress and some jewelry.

We highly recommend the lobster trapping tour that leaves from the hotel's boat dock. Very interesting and informative, and it did not take up a huge chunk of your day.

We would recommend and return to Nonantum Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room that does not get evening sun.
1 Thank leopitino
Hello Indiana Friends:
Thank you for sharing your observations regarding your recent trip to Kennebunkport!
You are correct - August is beautiful in Kennebunkport but it is kid time so if you would like a quieter more tranquil time please plan to come and see us in September! Rates are lower and the weather is picture perfect!
Hope you can make it back East again soon! Have a great fall!
All The Best,
Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

My wife and I booked a room through hotel tonight . We read the amenities on tripadvisor and were interested in the free breakfast. We heard that the food there was very good .
We had spent the night before at the Boathouse , and we're very happy . They also provided an excellent free breakfast .
When I received my receipt at check-in, I noticed that they had written " free breakfast not
included " . I asked why not and was told that booking through a third party ( hotel tonight ) excluded us from our free breakfast . They told me " all the hotels do that " . I assured them that the hotel the night before honered their advertisement , but was told no. I asked why that wasn't
Included in their trip advisor advertisement and got no answer .
The dinner was excellent .... The room was noisy ...thin walls and very loud air conditioners.

• 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Robert W
Hi Robert:
As luck would have it I was the tall blonde who checked you in! I am so sorry that apparently I did not do a very good job explaining why you did not get a free breakfast! My apologies! I will give it another shot!
When you make a reservation through a third party, I have to pay a commission for that reservation. In order to incentivize our guests to book directly through us, we give them a free breakfast. I have checked and double checked our ads and on third party sites it does not say free breakfast anywhere I can find! Free breakfast is listed on our site, but that is for people who book directly with us! Please let me know if I am missing something!
While all the rooms at The Nonantum are nice, some are not as nice as others. As you are paying less to me for your room, chances are good that you will be assigned one of the less nice rooms. It is kind of like when you book an airplane seat through a third party booking company - have you ever noticed that your seat is in the back, in the middle? It isn't a coincidence. The airline is making less money on your ticket as they have to pay a commission, so they give you the less nice seat.
Please feel free to contact me directly at jean@nonantumresort.com if you have any other questions!
Most Sincerely Yours,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Nonantum! The breakfast was delicious and our dinner at 95 Ocean was wonderful. Location was a short walk to "downtown" and provided a great excuse to walk off all of the meals that we had. Before our trip was over we were already talking about our return visit for next summer! Thanks again Nonantum!

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
Hi Melissa:
I am delighted to hear you and your husband had such a wonderful time here at The Nonantum Resort! The walk downtown is perfect for burning off dinner and the very unique boutiques are fun to wander through and explore!
We will look forward to your return visit! The autumn colors will be here before we know it so maybe a fall visit is in order?
Thanks so much for writing such a lovely review! I really appreciate it!
Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was the second long weekend that we spent at the Nonantum this year. Once again the staff and the accommodations were wonderful. The rates are reasonable especially when you take into consideration the breakfast buffet that comes with the stay. The setting is great, the grounds are kept up well and the activities for the kids is continuous. Thanks for the wonderful time one again and we look forward to the next time.

Reginald Moreau

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hi Reginald:
Welcome back! We are delighted you have so much fun when visiting us! The Activities Program is just so great for kids that many a parent has had to drag a crying child to the car for the long ride home!
We look forward to your next visit. There are some special fall yummies on the fall breakfast buffet! Please come check them out!
Thank you very much!
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I loved the rooms. Great décor and cleanliness. I love the outdoor activities. there is something to do for each family member.
The view was spectacular. Service was great as well. The old elevator was fun to try. Lovely really!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Hi Jade!
Maybe next time you can stay longer! Many guests share your opinion that there is something for each family member and that is why so many extended families love coming here together!
Thanks for your compliments on the décor. Every room is different and we have a lot of fun in the winter time choosing new colors and styles as every winter we redo a section of rooms.
Please come back and see us again soon! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Warm Regards,
Johnson, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed for our 27th anniversary,it was not only relaxing but beautiful,quite and very enjoyable..... Parking was tuff sometimes but even as full as the place was it was still very peaceful.... The Breakfast Buffet was excellent and staff very friendly.

Room Tip: room 354 has the best view but expensive,but worth it!!!!!
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hello Vermonter!
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your big day with us! We hope it becomes an annual event!
As you noted, August is a busy and expensive time in Kennebunkport. It is our very busiest month and town is filled with lots of travelers but many of our guests say one of the things they love the most about The Nonantum is that they can go downtown and enjoy all the craziness and then wander back up Ocean Avenue to the relative sereneness of The Nonantum.
Thanks for writing!
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

GF and I were visiting Maine for the weekend and decided to try Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport for one night. Booked late and probably ended up with the last available room! It was a Queen bed on the 2nd floor facing the parking lot in front of the resort. Room was just what we needed. GF was satisfied with the room and is a stickler for cleanliness. Only complaint was hot water was occasionally in short supply, but there was a large wedding party at the resort and at peak times this was expected. Access to rooms on upper floors can be a challenge for older or less mobile people. There is an elevator, but it is definitely not ADA compatible. I believe the other building may have an ADA elevator??

Staff was wonderful, everyone was friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. Concierge was helpful, even though we were looking else where to dine that night. Breakfast was very nice, the only comment would be there was only one toaster and it was slow, otherwise breakfast was wonderful and Richard made an excellent omelet!

When we left our previous evenings lodging I forgot to grab my GF's clothing that was in the closet. Fortunately Nonantum has a nice gift shop with some lovely dresses and wraps. The woman working that afternoon was most helpful with replenishing my GF's wardrobe (ouch)! Fortunately there was an end of season sale so the damage to my wallet wasn't too harsh!

After check in, we went for a stroll in the neighborhood and found a lovely restaurant Mabel's Lobster Claw, just down the street from Nonantum. Nice meal of Fried Clams and Chowder. Then we walked down to a beach off of Ocean Ave and enjoyed the late afternoon sun. Dinner was at The Village Tavern in West Kennebunk which was outstanding!

We would definitely book again without any hesitation. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was it was a bit pricey and not on the beach, otherwise it was a very well run property.

Enjoy,

VVHT

1 Thank VVHT
Hi WHT:
Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit! It sounds like you had an awesome time!
Those gift shop ladies are tricky. On a regular basis one of them will stick their head out as I walk by and say they have something I would really look great in and it is on sale! I always respond I have plenty of clothes and somehow they convince me that I should just try it on and the next thing I know there are a couple new things in my closet! However, as you point out, the clothes are beautiful, the prices are reasonable and a new look is always a nice lift!
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
All The Best,
Innkeeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
The Anchorage By the Sea
The Anchorage By the Sea
#12 of 37 in Ogunquit
4.0 of 5 stars 883 reviews

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!