We stayed at the Nonantum for 3 nights for a family wedding. The location is great, within walking distance of Dock Square, where there are tons of restaurants and shops. Our room in the Portside Lodge was large and nicely decorated, and had a small balcony with a view of the river. My one gripe about the room is that the bathroom is VERY small and has a shower with very very low water pressure. Other than that, the room was fine. A nice breakfast is included, and is served buffet style. There are some aspects of the hotel that are a little worn around the edges but everything is very clean.
Everyone on staff was extremely pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. Check in and check out were very quick, and the people at the front desk gave great restaurant recommendations.
It's a wonderful place to stay if you're there for a wedding. The staff is very accommodating to the wedding guests. But I can see how if you're not there for a wedding, having a whole bunch of people who know each other staying in one place could be annoying. The hotel does enforce quiet hours from 11 pm to 7 am, but I can tell you that they definitely cut the wedding party some slack in that department.
All in all, I would definitely come back to the Nonantum for a family get together. We had a wonderful weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport