We had no idea that the Nonamtum was so close to the home of President George H.W. Bush and Mrs. Bush. We rented bikes at the hotel and took the beautiful ride down the street to see their home. I really recommend doing that. We rode by the beach and the cute little church the Bushs attend when in town. You could even ride bikes into Kennebunkport to shop. Everything is so close. Then we enjoyed sitting behind the hotel in their adirondack chairs and watched the sunset and the boats on the water.
Rooms were clean, well maintained and cute. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Great breakfast the next morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport