Nonantum resort is in a quiet location within walking distance of Kennebunkport.
Staff are very friendly and seem to have time for everyone. The place has a very relaxed feeling about it.
The building is slightly quirky. For instance the elevator was manufactured in the 1930s I understand and can only be operated by a member of staff.
The rooms are clean and comfortable although the beds were narrow (and we are slim people before you ask!!!)
The bathroom was big enough but was extremely dated. The shower bath was a single moulded plastic unit which was creaky & noisy.
We had breakfast in the hotel and this was excellent. There was plenty of variety and plenty to eat. No need for lunch after that breakfast.
All in all it was a reasonable stay although some updating is required really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport