Our room was quite small and we had to shuffle around each other and our luggage to get to the bathroom. The room could also do with a bit of updating. The public rooms very very well kept and all the staff very helpful and pleasant. The shops/restaurants are within walking distance. Whilst wandering around the town we stopped outside the church to take pictures and a very helpful lady came along and said that we were welcome to go in and have a look. The hotel was very busy with coach parties so we were a little worried about eating in the hotel but as they were eating in the hotel's main restaurant we decided to eat in Heckman's pub just off the lobby. They had their own menu but you could also choose from the restaurant menu if you wanted too. The food was delicious as was the beer. The breakfast buffet was not that special as all the hot food was kept in warmers and unless you were there when it was first set out the food was luke warm and unappetising. It was also a bit of a struggle to get a cup of tea. Unlike Americans I do not drink coffee and have found it very difficult to get a cup of tea throughout my tour of America.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport