This was our first time staying at the Nonantum and were disappointed in the amenities of the resort. The pool is much smaller than it appears in photos online and the "pool side bar and grill" a huge let down. Parking was an issue - we had to circle the lot repeatedly or park across the street because a tour bus had taken available spots or the resort was hosting an "event". Our room had a nice view of the river, but the bathroom was extremely small. On a positive note, the resort is in a great location and the employees were all friendly and professional. We had spent considerable time planning this trip; after reading previous reviews and seeing photos online, we were excited about staying at the resort. Overall, we were let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport