My sister and I traveled here for a week during the 4th of July. We will definitely return next summer. We selected Kennebunkport because it was a quick drive from Boston and we wanted a place where we could run, bike and swim in preparation for a triathlon. We also wanted a pool and to be ocean front, or walking distance to the water.
The Nonantum met and exceeded our expectations. Our room had been recently renovated and it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was exceptional, offering everything from the indulgent (banana pancakes and bacon) to the healthy (yogurt, fruit, cereal).
The hotel allowed us to store our bikes in their bike racks in the activity tent which we appreciated. We also got to try out stand up paddle boarding for the first time, courtesy of the Nonantum.
Barbara Lisa was the person we interacted with the most as she noticed us struggling with our bikes. She was helpful and kind and gave us good suggestions for bike routes.
I think overall, what stood out to me, was that people seemed genuinely happy to be working there. The staff were all approachable and happy to help in any way. The young workers at the activity tent were excellent with all the visiting children. The front desk were smiley and warm. There was a positive vibe throughout the hotel and you couldn't help but feel happy being there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport