We were on a road trip through the New England States and stayed for 2 nights at the Nonantum resort.
It was different.
We got a lovely room on the 2nd floor, after the lift-boy (!) gave us a ride up. It was the oldest elevator I've even seen, but it was cute. The lift- boy had to move a little handle to run the elevator.
Our room was small, but clean and extraordinary styled. There were little flowers everywhere, on the wall paper, the day covers, the wash room walls.
It reminded me in a ocean resort from past times, and it did put a smile on our faces.
Breakfast buffet was big and yummy, friendly stuff.
Heated outside pool.
Sea-view from our room.
Nothing more to ask for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport