We spent two nights in a King Room and were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is switching the rooms to hardwood floors. This is great. For people sensitive to carpet issues, my wife and I appreciate that the resort is making this change. The extra large room had a refrigerator and an excellent Keurig coffee maker. Now, that's a real benefit for early risers needing the first cup of good coffee.
An even better cup of coffee was in the dining room where a great buffet breakfast was served as part of the room charge. The scalloped potatoes, sausage and bacon, scones, fruit, were all wonderful. It was a buffet breakfast, but definitely a notch above what you might expect.
Kennebunkport is a great summer time destination, but don't overlook it in the fall. The downtown shops and restaurants were great. Everything is actually within walking distance of the resort, which makes it convenient. The Bush compound is only another half mile in the other direction from town and is a must-do photo-op. The resort has special events such as the Fire and Ice weekend in early December that have become annual favorites. Its really a year-round destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport