My husband and I recently travelled through New England visiting several places during the fall. We were enchanted with the scenery and the spectacular colors of the fall foliage. In Kennebunkport, on the Maine shore, we stayed at the Nonantum Resort Hotel, a lovely hotel, with gorgeous, spacious rooms. Our accommodation had a very New England style décor which I found charming and comfortable. We were welcomed with hot cider and freshly baked cookies and everyone went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. In some ways it reminded me of Ireland with its warm welcoming in an old charming building and the mystic touch of fog hanging over the tranquil shore that made me feel so at home. Kennebunkport has a charm of its own with the quaint buildings in the village and its magnificent scenery. We walked from the hotel into the village in the late afternoon, it takes about 30 minutes, and the light was great for photography. Boats were being “winterized”, an expression we saw for the first time as it was written on several places offering their service to wrap small crafts to protect them from the severe cold of the coming winter. The shops were all decorated, as was the hotel, with the typical harvest time pumpkins and straw characters.
We had a lovely Maine lobster dinner at the hotel, the setting and the service were immaculate. We would love to go back to the Nonantum Resort Hotel and we highly recommend this beautiful hotel with its ever so charming staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Maine waterfront resort where traditions begin. The Nonantum has been welcoming guests with genuine hospitality since 1883. Enjoy historic charm with just the right modern comforts. Located on the Kennebunk River, along scenic Ocean Avenue, close to the shops and galleries in Dock Square, near Walker's Point and the beaches. Offering casually elegant accommodations, award-winning dining, family activities, and a gorgeous setting for special events. Seasonal outdoor heated pool, kayak rentals, trolley tours, scenic lobster boat tours, sailing tour and fishing charters departing right from the resort's on-site marina. Free WiFi, free parking, and free breakfast when you book directly with the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport