Nonantum Resort
The Breakwater Inn and Spa(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$339
Captain Fairfield Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$299
The Lodge on the Cove(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$344
Kennebunkport Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$284
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $339/night.

Lodge at Turbat's Creek(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$149
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

Rhumb Line Resort(Kennebunkport)
$159
$149
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

Captain Lord Mansion(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$309
$289
Official Site
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel & Restaurant(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$344
$329
Colony Hotel(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
$319
$319
1,863 results
All reviewsportside lodgefairy gardenbreakfast buffetkennebunk riverview of the rivernew englandadirondack chairsfree shuttlenewer buildinglobstermy husband and icarriage housepineappleshuttle servicemain buildingcorner roomoverlooking the water
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I should start by saying that we were a family of 6 that did not have reservations until the last minute. They accommodated us on the 4th floor of the historic hotel. The room had a queen/and another room with 3 singles beds. They offered a roll-away at no charge to us. They also discounted the room rate as were were late and they were full. There was a wedding going on so, the bottom floors were filled with a band - fairly noisy. But, on the 4th floor we heard virtually nothing. The room was tastefully decorated in ocean motif which the kids loved. It's old but that added to the nostalgic feeling. The elevator is operated by staff and was something of interest. The buffet in the AM was very good... pumpkin french toast, muffins, eggs and bacon... fruit, yogurt - assortment of juices/coffee and milk. This was included in the stay. The location is along the main road into town and the property is a close walking distance to the beach. We were so grateful for their accommodations and felt the staff was pleasant and helpful. The evening bellman was very cordial as was the wait staff at breakfast. Thumbs up here... a nice place to stay for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pdxtrvl
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The expansive property is located in a scenic area on the Kennbunk River and the location is their best asset.

The property is isolated and approximately 7/10ths of a mile from Kennbunkports shops.

All employees were exceptional and courteous. The Fall decorations / dummy's scattered around the property were awesome. I especially loved the two dummy's sawing down the tree out front and the gorgeous huge pumpkin with seasonal chrysanthemums.

The breakfast was outstanding and absolutely delicious.

I understand that the property was built in the late 1800's and has had some minor renovations. We were in a room on the third floor of the carriage house which was renovated recently. Nonamtum does have a very small, antiquated elevator - similar to what you find in the small old European hotels. It is operated by hotel staff when summoned by pushing the button. The other option is to walk down 3 flights of very old, steep stairs - which we did once.

The room was clean but I do have issues that should be addressed with the appointments / linens and decor. My observations are subjective but meant as suggestions. (I stayed in an 1815 inn the night before which was far superior and less costly.)

The wood floor was nice with a nice quality textured small area rug. The wallpaper was a nice pattern but appeared old and outdated. The stove was a nice touch. The two chairs were too small (and, yes, I know small room, small chairs) and not conducive to a relaxing place to sit.

The toiletries in the bathroom were nicely scented. It would be nice to have TWO bars of soap - one for the sink and one for the tub.

First, the bed headboard is simply white pressed board. The beds did NOT have any bedskirts on the mattress / box spring. It was very unsightly.

The sheer curtains on the windows are of inferior quality on antiquated metal curtain rods from long ago. The sheers were pushed to each side of the window - to offer the view (and unsightly old curtain rods) - BUT it reminded me of guest houses from 50 years ago - no cornice board or curtain valance to dress up the top part of the window.

In my humble opinion, the baseboard *should* have been finished off with quarter rounds tacked on the bottom next to the floor. It's a very simple / inexpensive task which would have huge dividends in appearance. (You can see gaps between the wall and floor due to the craftsmanship.)

PLEASE update the phone in the room. It was something I haven't seen since the early 70's - not charming and it did not appear clean - hence, I used my cell phone.

I hope the owner does not take offense to my criticism but considers it constructive to improve the property. Afterall, when I take a trip, I hope to have the comforts of home!

Lastly, while our room had two small walls of window views, beware of the garbage truck that comes early in the morning under our windows in the carriage house.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CtYankee51
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here on the last night of a tour. It was the best place we stayed by a long shot.
We were greeted with homemade lemonade and cookies before being directed to our rooms. The rooms, in the new section of the resort were impeccably decorated and spotlessly clean. A great coffee maker and free wifi was included.
The bed was wonderfully comfortable
The grounds are beautiful and the resort was festively decorated for Halloween with pumpkins and scarecrows. Close to the pretty little shopping area and a lovely walk along the shore.
We had a lobster dinner which was wonderful and breakfast in the morning was to a high standard.
Loved this place and would definitely return.
If I were to have anything negative to say it would be that the rooms are not soundproofed at all. I could hear every footstep from above and clearly hear conversations from the next room

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

This was our first overnight stop after we had left Boston on our New England holiday.

What a gem in the cute little town of Kennebunkport. A very friendly welcome. Very large room with two bedrooms and five beds for my wife and I to choose from! The room was decorated on a fresh New England style. The staircase up to the third floor was quite tight and steep. The lobby reminded me of the hotel in White Christmas with large fireplace and low roof. Very comfortable and relaxed.

Dinner was excellent and very reasonable. There was also some entertainment with a couple of singers.

We wanted to stay here longer than the one night we had planned.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank KozmaFife
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Well we wish you could have stayed longer too!
I loved your comparison to the Lobby in White Christmas. You need to come back and see our Christmas Decorations as the lobby REALLY looks like White Christmas!
Our dining room is always a favorite, especially in the fall. The early sunset and cool nights lend themselves to staying put. Since we have entertainment almost every night even those who do not have dinner with us find themselves headed to our dining room for drinks, apps or desserts.
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Warm Regards,
Jean Ginn Marvin
Maine Innkeeper of the Year

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed the first week in October. The resort (it's really a hotel) was decorated for fall with cute strawmen scattered through the property. Take a few minutes to find all the hidden secrets in the fairy garden. We were lucky enough the stay in the Portside Annex with a fantastic view of the waters and the breakwater for the ocean. The room had a queen and twin beds with a wide window and a chair to watch the boats head out to sea. An added treat was the gas fireplace. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for Portside Annex rooms that look out on the water.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

The Gardeners really outdid themselves this season, didn't they? Many of our guests were observed talking to our scarecrows as they looked so realistic! Some of my favorites are the fisherman, the lobsterman and the boy picking apples.
The views from our rooms this time of year are extra special as the leaves on the trees have thinned and so now we can see even more of the boats coming and going from the harbor.
I am so glad to hear your trip to The Nonantum was all that you wanted it to be. Come see us again soon!
Thanks,