“Fabulous Resort!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Vergennes, Vermont, United States
“Fabulous Resort!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I just spent three days at Nonantum, with a friend, and my dog. FABULOUS does not begin to describe this hotel. Reasonably priced, easy to access, wonderful staff. The grounds were spectacular even at the end of November!! Quiet rooms. AND I was expecting a "worn" room that accomodated a dog. NOPE, it was perfect. Clean, pleasant, sliding glass door to take the dog outside. Hard floors, no worries about pet accidents. No pet odor, nothing. Just loved my stay there. Will definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Friendly staff, great positioning, room had tremendous character (two rooms knocked into one) and views super.
Really friendly atmosphere and gave the impression of being a popular locale for local community as well.
Good walk out to Bush family peninsula flying the Texas flag in Maine.
Any cons? I suppose we found ringing reception for the lift was slight nuisance...
Found it a great base. Would happily stay again

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stayed in one of the Portside rooms and although they are refurbishing this area, the room was delightful. We had a water view with big windows, a gas stove and updated bathroom. The staff was extremely friendly and pleasant

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ballston Spa, New York, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Our family has been coming to the Nonantum for many years now and have always had a wonderful time whenever we are there. My husband and I recently had the opportunity to visit alone for the first time. It was just amazing. The room was perfect, the food fabulous. We were also able to renew our wedding vows right on the premises. The staff was very helpful, thoughtful and as always willing to help in any way possible. I would highly recommend the Nonantum to couples or families any time of year. We can't wait to visit again.

Webster, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I recently stayed there and did not have a very good experience. It might have been my expectations were too high, I'm not sure. Upon my arrival, my room wasn't ready for an hour after check in. Then, when I got into the room, my view was of a roof being repaired and a parking lot. I went to take a shower and the water was brown and had 2 settings, hot and cold. Then I was woken at 8:30am to someone hammering outside my door. Did I mention my room was at the top up an old ricketty staircase and I could hear everyone using it all night long? I won't be recommending this resort to my friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cristina L
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Nonantum. Luckily we were able to get a room in the Portside (newer) building. The hallway leading to the room was outdated and we were nervous. However the room was great. Ask for room 351, you will not be dissappointed. We had a gas "wood burning" stove & a double jacuzzi tub. The room also had a microwave and fridge which came in handy plus a Kuerig coffee maker w/ great coffee and flat screen tv. View was spectacular. However the bed was terrible. Mattress was hard as a rock. They need to replace this mattress. The breakfast was fabulous. The grounds of the property were lovely and it was decorated for the fall/halloween season. Location excellent - easy walk to town. They offer bike rentals which is a nice way to get around. Their pub is very small and the night we were there it was standing room only. Bartender very nice. Front desk staff helpful providing a map and scenic drives and out of the way places to go to.

Room Tip: Room 351 in Portside was great. Fabulous view. A bit noisy though. People downstairs creating lots...
1 Thank kathy m
west yorkshire
Reviewed October 21, 2011

we recently stayed here as part of a self drive tour. the room we had was in essence a motel room with door opening onto the main path to the car park. The furniture was shabby and the paintwork dirty. The reception area and bar were not welcoming.there were several tour buses staying at the hotel which made it very busy. the staff seemed fully occupied looking after them who left before 8 am and very noisily.

Room Tip: Possibly in the new block
3 Thank poppy57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Tides Beach Club
#15 of 26 in Kennebunkport
Rhumb Line Resort
Rhumb Line Resort
#5 of 5 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!