“DREAM WEDDING, JULY 9TH, 2011”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nonantum Resort

Nonantum Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kennebunkport
GreenLeadersGold level
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“DREAM WEDDING, JULY 9TH, 2011”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Where do I start.. It's taking me some time to write this as there is so much to say and not enough words to express our Wedding Day.. We are from Boston and now live in Philadelphia so planning a Wedding can be challenging.. I knew I wanted to be on the water back home so we booked a place on the water in Gloucester, well that turned out to be a disaster and now I know why, we were meant to be at THE NONANTUM RESORT... Just my phone call to come and look at the resort I knew something was about to happen... I met with THE ONE AND ONLY, Director of Sales, Timothy Ames!! Words CANNOT EXPRESS WHAT HE MEANS TO US AND OUR FAMILY... Our first meet and greet, well, we hit it off, I knew and if you ask him he will say the same, "we knew this was it"!! From the Front Desk Staff every single one, to housekeeping, bartenders, most of all Chef and then Tim, was just so kind and gracious.. Tim knew of our situation and helped us reserve the date until we could get out of our "other" committment.. That was a big help... Once all that stress was over, the planning begun.. First the rooms were booked, all, well, just about the resort!!! The front staff always helped me through the tiny details of the rooms and where they would be located.. I called almost everyday and NEVER did anyone give me a hard time.. Tim and I discussed details and being Greek I wanted to incorportate that into our Wedding. Tim said we could have our own recipes for Chef and he would create them.. Well, after 2 tastings, THEY WERE PERFECT.. For a non-Greek, Chef did an amazing job! There were a lot of Greeks there and they STILL cannot stop talking about it... I meant with Tim COUNTLESS times as I traveled back and forth from Philly to Boston for Wedding stuff and Tim was ALWAYS available to see me... He would always email me with questions or phone calls as I would do the same and ALWAYS return my calls.. Which made things SO MUCH EASIER when planning a Wedding.. I am very detailed-oriented and wanted to make sure the room was clean, drapes were cleaned floors, chair pads were cleaned, lighting were cleaned, well you get the idea..... As time got near we were always in contact, ALWAYS... The weekend came and I showed up on a Thursday and the staff was sooooo excited to hear of this "Big Fat Greek Wedding"... as I was too... :) They helped me unpack my stuff for the wedding, hold it in the office, made my guests feel so welcome, which is KEY to any function. On Friday night we had our Rehearsal Lobstah Bake Dinner outside by the FIRE PIT with large tables set up for about 65 guests, JUST AMAZING... Then we roasted marshmallows by the fire and had cocktails... Just wonderful.... We partied until about 12:30 then it was time to get some sleep, I am getting married the next day!!!! Morning came and we all stayed in the PORTSIDE LODGE, definately the place to stay.. A nice corner first floor room overlooking the ocean and river side with just THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW... We had breakfast in the dining area, NOT JUST A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, THE NONANTUM PUTS ON THE BEST SPREAD... I mean everything you can ask for..... Once breakfast was over it was time to get ready.. I had the Bride Get Ready Room for hair and make up for all of us and with beverages and light fare which was great. As I got in my Wedding Gown it all hit me, I was getting married in a Fairy Tale... I realized I had all my friends and family here in one place staying for 2-3 days to celebrate the most MEMORABLE, AMAZING time in our lives. PLUS I also had Tim and his staff who I NOW consider FAMILY.. The weather was sooo beautiful the whole weekend.. Saturday, July 9th, 2011 was the most beautiful day EVER.. The weather was just perfect... I sat outside for while with a close friend by the water with all the boats and just breathtaking views and he said to me, "IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS"... Yes, Bill, you're right.. I am so blessed for everything I have in my life... Of course, I cried... As we were getting ready, I slipped into my Gown, walked down the hallway and TIM, said with tears in his eyes, "you are breathtaking, just gorgeous".. It was not what he said, it was the tears and how he said it I knew he was not just the "Director of Sales", he was a friend...
We had our cocktail reception outside on the lawn with bartenders and waitstaff with all Greek Food and a Greek band member playing a Greek Guitar it was so romantic... We took pictures oustide on the lawn with beautiful views and family and friends... Then it was time to go into the reception.... WELL, I was taken back, for a moment George and I were in Santorini, Greece, it was all white and blue, the decor was everything I planned, SO MISSION ACCOMPLISHED... With also the help of Tim and staff... Plus my cake was amazing... Let Them Eat Cake in Maine!!! We had a Greek Band and DJ, just "bleeping" fun all night long... Put it this way the 3RD floor was shaking and when you were outside, the floor was bouncing up and down... And I know what you may be thinking, oh boy, too much noise.. NO, DO NOT THINK THAT... It's over at 10:30 (nonantum policy) and GUESTS WANTED TO COME INSIDE TO THE PARTY, SO SOME DID!!!!!!! At 10:30 the INN Town Trolley takes whoever to Federal Jack's Pub just 3 minutes down the road until 12:45ish and then brings you back so EVERYONE IS SAFE!

On Sunday, we reserved the Patio for our guests only so we could have some more intimate time with them and that was great for all... We had brunch and the weather was great.. Later we sat all day by the pool and relaxed, George definately needed it as HE was partying until 3:00 am.. Oh, just in case you don't know, George is my husband!!!!

Here's 2 points to this review:
1... I planned my wedding on my own for 2 years, 1 real full year. Changed ideas a few times. Believe me it happens... And all the fighting you do with your fiance', just tell him, "trust me" you will have the time of your life....

2. If you want to have the time of your life and DREAM WEDDING book your WEDDING at The Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, ME and have TIMOTHY AMES, Director of Sales be your coordinator and most of all become your friend....

Warmest Regards and Thank you to all employees at The Nnnantum Resort!!
We'll be back........
Karen and George Conduragis

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The Nonantum is a historic inn, so be prepared for that when you go. We stayed in the main building where room are very small and kind of nicely decorated. Evidently in the adjacent building the rooms are bigger and more modern.
The food is good in the dining room, but we had service issues both nights we were there. The second night they comped us our drinks because of the very slow service. The food is good once it finally arrives however.
The Nonantum is supposed to be the top-rated resort in Kennebunkport, but if you are looking for a really upscale resort, you will have to go outside the Kennebunk area to find one.
That being said, the staff are wonderful and will go out of their way to help you. They lend more charm to the place than the property itself.

Room Tip: If you want quaint (and small) go with the main building. Newer and bigger, go with the adjacent bui...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kjkupiec
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Spent two nights there and the room is decorated with some old furniture, supposed to look like antiques, but are not.
Bathroom was nice but the shower area was dark with no lighting. Only lights were directly over the sink.
TV was small and way out of date
Very nice buffet breakfast in the morning starts at 7 AM, not one minute sooner.
Not worth the expense. Popular place but not sure why.
Restaurant had very slow service. Waited 1 1/2 hours for a burger.

Room Tip: Shop around.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BusdriverPhil
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The resort was one of the best we have ever stayed at (in over 45 yrs of traveling )..the staff was THE BEST...from the owner/innkeeper,Jean ,who went beyond "the call of dury",Vicky ,who called us to make sure we arrived back in Tx ok (we were held over 4 days due to cancellations ..but couldn't have been in a better place to wait out Irene!)and all the desk staff,belll hops,dining room staff & Chef,housekeeping..showed genuine hospitality from the time of our arrivaluntil our departure ..our 2nd floor room in Dockside will be the place to return to next year!!! and enjoy the view & the weddings!!

Room Tip: ...if you want quiet ..3rd floor better choice in August...but 2nd flooor w/balcony would be our 1st...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn M
Lincoln, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding onsite. The entire weekend was fabulous. Excellent food, amazing breakfast in the morning, very friendly helpful staff. We did not get to take advantage of the comfiness too much of our room, but greatly enjoyed the beautiful gardens and grounds of the resort. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay for a view of the water, well worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 days. It was homey and quaint. The location was AMAZING and we took advantage of boating, walking, shopping, and dining-not to mention just being outdoors by the gorgeous ocean cliffs! Overall I highly recommend this hotel! Some of my favorite things were their homemade granola at the breakfast buffet, their courteous, knowledgable and helpful staff, and lots of options for daily activities! We got the lobster package which included a lobster dinner, lobster boat ride, daily breakfast buffet, and a lobster cooking lesson! If you are looking to relax-def pay these guys a visit!

Room Tip: Get a package deal!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Surprised Hubby with a weekend at the Nonantum Resort. It brought us back in time with the old fixtures, floors and exposed pipes! I thought it was very inviting and laid back. The food was excellent! We ate on the porch which was so quaint and cozy. We got the Trolley right out front to take us for a tour of Kennebunk which was very informing. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend!

Room Tip: We faced the river side...it overlooked the pool and river. We stayed in the old building which I e...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Colony Hotel
#13 of 26 in Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
Kennebunkport Inn
#5 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!